What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spa Legend - some jets not working  (Read 2975 times)

Technologic80

Master Spa Legend - some jets not working
« on: January 05, 2016, 10:34:16 pm »
Pardon my newb-ness, but I just bought a 2005 model year Master Spa Legend in really nice shape. Had it about a month now.

The pumps work great, some jets are so strong that they push you out of the seat!!  I am very satisfied.

However, there are two seats in the tub, they are upright seats (not lounges) with 2 back jets. A bigger jet and a little one. The little jet on both puts out ample flow, but the big jet barely does anything. Adjusting the air, pumps, etc... doesnt change this.

Funny that its on BOTH of the seats. Every other jet works great. Ive tried turning the ring (they are ON), what do I do next?

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spa Legend - some jets not working
« on: January 05, 2016, 10:34:16 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Master Spa Legend - some jets not working
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:18:12 am »
Nothing, it could be just poor design. No diverter for them?
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 02:09:19 pm »
Nothing, it could be just poor design. No diverter for them?

A relevant point.  Its been awhile since I looked at a Masterspa, but my Dynasty from around that era had two jets on the floor that were about the same and one diverter that appeared to do nothing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Technologic80

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 09:13:29 pm »
So, I was in the tub last night alone, so I had time to actually check things out further.
Turns out, I only have 1 jet that doesnt work and the diverter valve I thought didnt work, with just me in the tub (no music, no people talking), I can feel a difference turning the diverter valve. So apparently it does work.

However, the one jet that I have that isn't working is a lower back jet that is supposed to spin. I bet it went bad or wore out. Good news is, Master Spa seems to have good parts availability.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 09:13:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42