What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: OHH error...a flow problem???  (Read 3604 times)

eccchief

OHH error...a flow problem???
« on: January 10, 2016, 04:16:40 am »
Okay, This one's got me scratching my head.   Here's the story...

3 yr old Divine DL-420, love this tub, fits me well.  A few months back I got an OHH (overheat 118 deg) error and auto shut-down. Temp got down to about 80 degrees. Looked it up, reset the tub, circ pump came on, thought it was fixed. Shut down again before long, water temp in the tub was only a few degrees higher than at reset. Spoke with customer support at Clearwater/Divine, who said it was a flow problem, and gave me some suggestions.  Pulled filters, opened plumbing at circ pump and both ends of heater for inspection. All clear, but circ pump was not moving much water...replaced circ pump with identical unit. Restarted, thought it was fixed,...wrong, same result. OHH. Spoke with both Clearwater/Divine and Balboa.  Both reiterated that it had to be a flow problem.  Balboa explained that the OHH code would throw if the temp between the sensors in the stainless heating tube read a temp >118 between the sensors, regardless of general tub water temp, so it would be a flow problem. The diverter valve runs either the in-tub recirc or the waterfall or a mix of both, and the flow from the continuous flow circ pump seems strong.  It runs the waterfall the same as before the problem. So I replaced the heater, which included 2 new sensors. Temp came up to 95 this time, thought it was fixed. Wrong again. OHH at 96. Opened plumbing back up day before yesterday and backflushed the 2 in-tub lines and the waterfall lines with a garden hose(about 40# water pressure), got nothing flushed out but clear water. Dissassembled the diverter for inspection, good. Flushed the lines from the filter to the circ pump and circ pump through the heater...all good. Put it back together and still get OHH code after about 30 minutes of circulation and heater being on.  Have tried it with waterfall flowing full, intub jets to full , and in between, in standard mode and economy mode.  Only thing I can think of now is the Balboa control center has a problem, and I think they run around a thousand bucks to replace.

Any thoughts that would help me find a solution would be highly appreciated.  Not really interested in a discussion about what I should have purchased originally.

I really miss my tub.

Hot Tub Forum

OHH error...a flow problem???
« on: January 10, 2016, 04:16:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42