What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotspring Sovreign Setup  (Read 2990 times)

joelmaners

Hotspring Sovreign Setup
« on: January 02, 2016, 01:49:00 am »
Back in 2007 I bout a used 2004 Hotspring Sovreign. The wiring harness had been cut away from the spa so I didn't know if it was working. When I had the spa moved and hooked up at my house, the jet pump kept kicking off. I eventually figured out that the jet pump on the spa was a Wavemaster 9000 which is a 230 volt pump and there was only 115 volts getting to the motor. I looked at the serial umber and figured out it's a Sovreign I which is a convertible model.  I replaced the 230 volt  jet pump with a 115 volt AO Smith pump which worked ok. The problem is that it really didn't pump enough water to get the moto-massage going and the other jets were really weak, but at least it worked though. Since it was in almost new condition, I kept the Wavemaster 9000 pump in storage just for safekeeping.

Recently, my GCFI breakers went out. While I was having to get these replaced by an electrician, I thought I would get the Wavemaster 9000 put back in the spa to get the moto-massage going again. After reading through the manual though, I'm not sure if this will work. Will I need to set up the jumpers differently? According to the serial number, this is a convertible and the conversion allows the pump and heater work at the same time but the motor will still only get 115 volts. I'm looking at having the electrician wire it up as a Model II which is a permanent 230 hookup. Will I need to set up the jumpers any different with this set up? I still can't figure out why they put a Wavemaster 9000 (230 volt) pump on a Sovreign I. Any ideas on how I could get the Wavemaster 9000 going without frying my board? Has anyone seen this setup before?

Thanks!

-Joel

Hot Tub Forum

Hotspring Sovreign Setup
« on: January 02, 2016, 01:49:00 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Hotspring Sovreign Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:10:55 am »
If the problem is "weak jets" then the issue is not 110V vs. 220.  Could be several things:
How much flow does your replacement pump give?  Is it the pump or restricted filters or simply clogged lines?  Where is the diverter valve set? The factory 110V Wavemaster pump (don't remember the number) would work for you if all other factors are addressed.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

joelmaners

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 11:41:01 am »
Thanks for the reply. I've tried taking out the filters and changing the diverter position. All of the lines seem to be clear and working. Is there a setting on the IQ2020 board that would slow the flow down?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 12:11:22 am »
Thanks for the reply. I've tried taking out the filters and changing the diverter position. All of the lines seem to be clear and working. Is there a setting on the IQ2020 board that would slow the flow down?

No setting. I think you simply need the factory pump for that spa.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 12:11:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42