What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water temp  (Read 3411 times)

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
Water temp
« on: July 17, 2004, 10:59:41 pm »
Hello New to spa ownership , Have a question. What is a good temp to keep spa set at? we had spa set for 100  but with hot Texas sun beating down on spa all day,at night the temp is way more than 100. Recently lowered temp to 80 but its still way to hot in the evenings to enjoy a good long soak. what do most people do to keep temp at a confortable setting in summer?

Tanks T6

Hot Tub Forum

Water temp
« on: July 17, 2004, 10:59:41 pm »

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
Re: Water temp
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 11:16:28 pm »
We are in NC and have the same hot summer you do, altho yours gets hotter.  We've only had our Optima for 3 days, but we learned fast the first day to not set that heater above 94.  We find 94-96 a perfect temp for us, day or night.  We put up a canvas gazebo (free Harris Teeter giveaway!) over the spa to block the sun this summer, that helps it not heat up w/out the heater on.  Ours is set to 95 and its been at 96 for 1-1/2days now, steady.  At 94-96degrees, we can stay in for 1-2hrs and never feel overheated.  

A trick you can do day or night if its humid and hot but you still want to be in tub:  buy a hose nozzle with a misting setting (Rainbird makes one for $10 @ Lowes with 5 settings) rig up your garden hose to hang over your spa if you can and set it to mist down on yall, that will keep the bugs away and the cool water will keep you all cooler and actually make the hot water feel nice.  It also cools your spa down by adding some cold water.  

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 11:37:01 pm »
I kept my spa on 100 for one day then i put it at 90 and its been 2 months and it stays at 96 and that seems very cool when you get in...JohnnyT :D

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 11:37:17 pm »
Beyond lowering the temp of the spa you might consider a gazebo and a mister.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 12:01:06 am »
96 feels cold when you get in but after a few mins its not that bad and i keep the jets on low to enjoy myself and you don't need them always on high....JohnnyT

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 12:39:49 am »
Just got back in from nightly soak, Water temp seemed to be lower than before. It felt alot better, maybe it  will come down some more as the days go by since  i lowered the temp as low as i could set it. Does anyone know how to shut off heater in summer on 01 tiger river Bengal?

i will have to try the mister thing. this sounds nice.

Thanks T6

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 12:39:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42