What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance & Jacuzzi Warranty  (Read 5748 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Sundance & Jacuzzi Warranty
« on: July 10, 2004, 08:54:25 pm »
I seen people putting the Sundance & Jacuzzi's Warrantys down at some stores.
Heres the Warranty
10 years Shell Structure
7 years shell surface
5 years Equipment and controls pumps heater air blower and control system
5 years plumbing leaks
1 year on Light Lenses Fuses Headrests cabinet finish

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance & Jacuzzi Warranty
« on: July 10, 2004, 08:54:25 pm »

MNScoobie

Re: Sundance & Jacuzzi Warranty
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 01:07:20 pm »
Hi Johnny,

If I may correct you on one part of that warranty... I have the warranty right in front of me..

Sundance Spas ...

Quote...
"The light bulb, Light Lenses, fuses, headreasts, CABINET FINISH, and filter are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship and materials at the time of delivery!"
End Quote!

Might I add... if the tub has a defect with in the warranty period and they can not fix it....

Quote..
If Sundance Spas, Inc determines that repair of the covered defect is not feasible, we reserve the right to instead provide a replacement spa equal in value to the original purchase price if the defected spa. In such an event, reasonable costs for removal of the defective spa, shipping costs for the replacement and delivery and installation of the replacement spa will be the responsibilty of the spa owner. The replacement spa warranty will be equal to the balance, if any, remaining on the original spa.
End Quote!

Happy soaking!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 02:10:42 pm »
Sundance used to exclude jets and diverter valves after two years, even though they have a 5 year plumbing warranty.
They may have changed that. It's best to talk to your dealer about it.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 03:47:44 pm »
Warranties for other components -The light lens.fuses,headrests,cabinet finish and filters or time of delivery.Its 1 year from date of purchase :)

searcher

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 02:00:49 pm »
Hi Johnnythunder

I was just in my local Jacuzzi dealer and the warranty on thier Premium Spas were as follows... Maybe I have an old warranty or maybe you do? I was just there on July 13th...

The warranty I have reads as follows:

Warranties for Other Components - The light lenses, fuses, headrests, cabinet finish and filter are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship and materials at the time of delivery. All other factory-installed components not mentioned specifically are warranted against malfuction due to defects in workmanship and materials for one year from the original date of purchase.

I also agree with mnscoobie as to that post. That is what my warranty info says for sundance.

Am I reading this wrong? I guess I want to know what are the "other factory-installed components not mentioned specifically"???

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 02:21:27 pm »
Jets, air controls, diverters, waterfalls, but this refers to the gray plastic parts, not the bodies of said parts that are integrated parts of the plumbing. What do I know though, Johnney is the Jacuzzi Expert. Question for ya' Johnney, Since you own your hot tub Jacuzzi brand, what are you doing hanging out in hot tub stores listening to warranty presentations?

Am I reading this wrong? I guess I want to know what are the "other factory-installed components not mentioned specifically"???

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 02:31:23 pm »
"Since you own your hot tub Jacuzzi brand, what are you doing hanging out in hot tub stores listening to warranty presentations?"

It is rather odd isn't it?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 02:53:28 pm »
spahappy and JohnnyThunders,
Sundance has not had a warranty claim on their Fluidix jet since they were introduced 2 years ago, but according to their warranty it is only a 2-year warranty (for jets and diverters).  This is specifically stated in Sundance’s warranty section called “warranty for other components.”
According to Jacuzzi Premium’s website there is no section called “warranty for other components”, but I am pretty sure when you get your spa home there is a section in the warranty called “warranty for other components” explaining the warranty for the jets and diverter valves.  However, from what I have been told throughout the industry the warranty for the jets and diverters for the Jacuzzi Premium is one year.  This is in agreement with what both JohnnyThunders and spahappy have said in their previous posts.  
Sundance has a better warranty for the jets and diverters than the Jacuzzi Premium, but I would say that Hotspring’s warranty is better than both.
Chris H

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 03:01:51 pm »
spahappy and JohnnyThunders,
Sundance has not had a warranty claim on their Fluidix jet since they were introduced 2 years ago, but according to their warranty it is only a 2-year warranty (for jets and diverters).  This is specifically stated in Sundance’s warranty section called “warranty for other components.”
According to Jacuzzi Premium’s website there is no section called “warranty for other components”, but I am pretty sure when you get your spa home there is a section in the warranty called “warranty for other components” explaining the warranty for the jets and diverter valves.  However, from what I have been told throughout the industry the warranty for the jets and diverters for the Jacuzzi Premium is one year.  This is in agreement with what both JohnnyThunders and spahappy have said in their previous posts.  
Sundance has a better warranty for the jets and diverters than the Jacuzzi Premium, but I would say that Hotspring’s warranty is better than both.
Chris H

Coleman covers jets for 5 years!
Spahappy

Chris_H

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2004, 03:30:10 pm »
I would like to personally congratulate Coleman Spas for having a 5 year warranty on their jets.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2004, 03:54:30 pm »
I would like to personally congratulate Coleman Spas for having a 5 year warranty on their jets.

ROFLMBO !!! ;D  ;D :D :D  :) :D ;D 8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2004, 03:58:52 pm »
Hey Wisoki most people check out the Warranty before they buy anything.Before I buy anything I always checkout the Warranty and whos in my area to fix it if something does go wrong.Yes i went into a Pool and spa store last week to get some test strips and while i am there i always want to see what the other spas are like.And yes I love my jacuzzi J-355 and I am sure you cannot show me another top brand at that price.Wisoki just because Jacuzzi told you they are not going to use you anymore don't blame the other good people that own Jacuzzi's out there.What happen they found out you were sellling from a warehouse or street corner.............Nature 2 on ebay for $15 each but get them from the POOLMAN he has a high rating and he does own a large store when i called them today.Very good people to deal with and buy them in the $ packs for $59......................JohnnyT ;)

Chris_H

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2004, 04:12:18 pm »
Chas,
Are you just laughing at my jokes because I think Hotspring’s warranty is better than Sundance’s?
By the way, I had to go to the AIM acronym dictionary to figure that one out.  For those who don’t know what ROFLMBO means, I believe it means, “rolling on floor laughing my balls off.”  

JohnnyThunders,
I personally believe your last comment to Wisoki was inappropriate (the street corner part of it).  He in no way deserved the way you criticized him.  He has always been a professional on all of the pool and spa web boards.

Chris H

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2004, 04:12:58 pm »
Wisoki just because Jacuzzi told you they are not going to use you anymore don't blame the other good people that own Jacuzzi's out there.What happen they found out you were sellling from a warehouse or street corner.............

HUH? Why the anger there jonnyboy? W. has said many times that he decided to drop the Jacuzzi line, and listed the reasons why.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 05:21:19 pm »
Whoa, Johnnythunders (funny you take the name of a dead man).

The criticism you gave to Wisoki was way off base.  He has been a respected contributor to this forum long before a lot of us ever found this place.  Just because he has voiced his opinion about Jacuzzi Premium you have to attack him?

Not appropriate.  You sound like the unmentionable one when you spout off like that.

We all have opinions around here.  I personally believe my Vanguard is much better than your J-355.  That is my opinion.

Lighten up!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 05:21:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42