What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bromine level too high  (Read 4431 times)

kasandrich

Bromine level too high
« on: December 19, 2015, 01:17:27 pm »
Following the install of our Marquis Ultimate Epic on wednesday, all has been good.

The Tub has the Frog Bromine cartridge system. The install guy set that on 6 (max) and said to leave it alone.

PH was a little high yesterday, so I added a little PH reducer, level came back normal.

Today is the third time I have checked the water and the Bromine level is too high (20)

Please note that I have not manually added any Bromine.

So I've turned the cartridge down to 4 and run the pumps for a couple of cycles with the cover open.

Should this be enough or do I need to remove the cartridge altogether until the level comes down?

The supplying dealer (ive emailed him) says the tub is safe to use and it will help bring the level down.

Your comments and advice welcomed.

Hot Tub Forum

Bromine level too high
« on: December 19, 2015, 01:17:27 pm »

Chief Kyle

Re: Bromine level too high
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 02:20:42 pm »
My Epic is set:  Mineral Cartridge set at 6; Bromine Cartridge set at 4.  My bromine last a little over a month and I change my mineral cartridge every 4 months; I usually hover around 1ppm.  I don't get over concerned with the bromine numbers between that the minerals (Silver Chloride), ozone and I shock every 5th day my water is safe.  I focus more on keeping my PH and Alkalinity in check.

As far reducing you bromine level just leave your cover open, I usually leave mine open an hour or two after shocking, and I am still be able to use the tub that evening.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 02:59:45 pm »
For the future don't add the spa frog cartridges until the water is up to temp.  By putting in when the water is cold the tub is running for however long it takes to get up to temp putting bromine in the tub the whole time.  I have a resort and keep mine set at 4 and the mineral one all the way open.  To bring the Bromine down you can open the cover up and let it gas off

kasandrich

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 04:26:18 pm »
Thanks guys, I opened the cover and ran a couple of jet cycles over an hour or so and the level is down to about 5 now

kasandrich

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 04:28:31 pm »
Interesting tip about putting the Bromine cartridge in when up to temp, the install guys just did it and the water took about 24 hours to come up to temp

Chief Kyle

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 04:55:51 pm »
24 hours to heat seams odd...could just be me, but I can drain, fill, and use mine the same day.

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 02:46:28 am »
6 is probably too high for the Bromine cartridge unless you're using it several times a day. 3 or 4 is probably a better setting. You'll probably want to take the bromine cartridge out until the level drops down. The level will drop after people use it and also running the spa for a few hours with the cover off can lower it, as everyone mentioned.  The blue mineral cartridge should be set to 6 and you'll never adjust that cartridge.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 02:46:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42