What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: pavers vs deck  (Read 2800 times)

murgurl

pavers vs deck
« on: July 16, 2004, 09:43:14 pm »
We ordered our Sundance Capri!!! Now we have three weeks to get everything ready!! Anyone have thoughts regarding placing spa on top of existing pavers? We could go that route or perhaps build a small raised deck for spa to sit?? If we go with the pavers how do we level it?? Deck guy says it would be raised minimum five inches!!! That height would come up past our window!! Not to fond of that any other ideas???  Also electric guy wants to charge $400 to install 220. Says there is enough room in existing box, only needs to extend wiring about 10 feet.. Seems expensive..Maybe So Cal rate???  thanks for any input!!!

Hot Tub Forum

pavers vs deck
« on: July 16, 2004, 09:43:14 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: pavers vs deck
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 06:04:24 pm »
Pavers would be okay if they are level, and have an adequate base.  If your pavers are not level, you'd probably have to remove them, and redo the base, and reinstall.  
If your electric bid includes all components and labor, it's really not that bad.  A GFI breaker and panel will cost well over $100 alone.  Then there is the cost of the permit, wire, conduit, connectors, etc.  It adds up quickly.  
Consider yourself lucky.  The last person I spoke to had to have his service upgraded to 200 amps(it was either 60 or 100 to begin with), and he spent close to $1500 by the time his electrician hooked up the spa.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

Re: pavers vs deck
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 06:04:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42