What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa won't heat  (Read 3605 times)

Paulks

Spa won't heat
« on: December 02, 2015, 10:00:47 pm »
I have a Emerald free flow spa it is 3 years old. It hasn't been used during the past year. I filled it and the jets, lights, and indicators all work but it doesn't heat.  How do I test the psi valve and heater it has a circuit board and I don't see a high limit switch.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa won't heat
« on: December 02, 2015, 10:00:47 pm »

Spa01

Re: Spa won't heat
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 11:43:47 am »
You can find where the 2 wires go on your circuit board for the pressure switch and bypass them by jumpng it over. And tha will tell u if the switch is bad or stuck. But if there is low flow for some reason it could burn the element out.

Pablorock

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 10:06:56 am »
Hello all.  New to the forum and I have the same issue.  I have a Park Avenue Thermospa and it doesn't heat (it's probably around 10 yrs old).  I have power to the element and it measured 10.8 ohms.  (I really don't know much about hot tubs but from a bunch of research I checked those things).  The main board is a Balboa EL2000 Mach 2.  Everything else seems to work, just no heating (and no messages on the display).  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.  Paul.

Spa01

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 10:46:43 pm »
If u have power going to the heater element then everything is probably working that controls if it heats or not. I would have to say the element is no good.

Pablorock

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 09:47:50 am »
Thanks for the response. I'll order the heater element today.  Hopefully this will fix the problem for I can have a hot tub for Christmas. Happy Holidays!

Pablorock

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 03:57:35 pm »
Just replaced my heater element and I still get no heat.  Everything else seem to work, but the heat doesn't go on (the icon doesn't come on).  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 02:44:07 pm »
You sat you have power to the element. What power (voltage)? And EXACTLY how are you testing it???
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 02:44:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42