What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chlorine smell after shocking  (Read 7987 times)

jbequer

Re: Chlorine smell after shocking
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 01:33:44 pm »
Update...
 I checked the water this morning to find that my chlorine level is at 3.0 and PH at 7.4.
The water is very clear, no more chlorine smell, no foam.
My view of what happened is that i shocked to a level that was probably not needed for the amount of time the tub was used. Last week we didn't use the tub very much and shocked as i normally do to get 10 ppm. I think i should just shock to 6 ppm when little or no use. The smell was most likely the extra chlorine .

At this point , i really don't think i need to change the water, my three month date is the first week of January. I'm hopping that i can make it to that date, i think i can, now knowing the mistake that i made.

Constantly learning, Its not difficult, but it definitely  requires detailed attention until one gets used to their individual personal usage . I am starting to notice that what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another.

Thanks again to Chem Geek and Vinny for some great advice !!!
I will mose certainly be back to ask more question as i go through this journey  of hot tub ownership.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:42:01 pm by jbequer »

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Chlorine smell after shocking
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 01:33:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42