What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Phosphate levels at 1000  (Read 3278 times)

jbequer

Phosphate levels at 1000
« on: November 10, 2015, 04:38:21 pm »
I took my water to get tested at Leslie's Pool and found my Phosphate levels at 1000. Everything else is good, water is clear, no problems with algae . I got Spa Perfect from Leslies and just added the first dose.

Does anyone have any experience with Spa Perfect ? And should i be worried about the Phosphate reading ? I have shocked to 10ppm and am surprised at this reading . My spa is always covered when not used, so i don't understand why the phosphates are so elevated. The water is about a month old, Any ideas ?

Hot Tub Forum

Phosphate levels at 1000
« on: November 10, 2015, 04:38:21 pm »

chem geek

Re: Phosphate levels at 1000
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 12:57:40 am »
Phosphates are sometimes added to municipal water supplies for corrosion control.  You should not need to worry about phosphates.  Even in pools if you maintain the proper FC/CYA ratio then algae will be killed faster than it can grow regardless of algae nutrient (phosphate, nitrate) level.  In spas, algae is rare because they are covered and algae needs light to grow.  Also, the hotter water temperature is too hot for some algae types.

jbequer

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 08:21:26 am »
Are you familiar with Spa Perfect? After putting it in, the water was the best I've ever felt it, very soft and silky. I use Aquafinesse and have never felt the water so nice..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 08:21:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42