What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How hard is it pushing around empty hot tub on a deck?  (Read 7152 times)

Volsfandan

How hard is it pushing around empty hot tub on a deck?
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:04:16 am »
I am a big guy 6'3, 210 and about to have a very small 3 person hot tub(Jetsetter) dropped on my deck with a crane.  The deck is small so if I have the crane drop it a certain way, I would need to be able to slide it a few feet if I ever need maintenance.  I have no problems draining the hot tub if I need to slide it for some reason.  Does anyone have any experience with sliding/pushing a 500 lb. hot tub across a typical wooden deck?  I would be trying to do it myself, but not sure how possible that is.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Hot Tub Forum

How hard is it pushing around empty hot tub on a deck?
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:04:16 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: How hard is it pushing around empty hot tub on a deck?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 10:48:10 am »
You can push it and it will budge but it ain't easy!

If you would be able to get a couple of pvc pipes under it, you could roll it around.

Volsfandan

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 01:42:12 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  So basically, I use that pry bar to get it far enough off the ground to get some PVC pipe under it on one side and then lay some other PVC pipes and slowly roll it a few feet over several PVC pipes?

Racenut

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 02:01:44 pm »
2 people should be able to push it around on the deck pretty easy,  but I'd be more worried about tearing up the wood deck, so yes on PVC pipe.

av8r

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 02:10:16 pm »
Our Bullfrog A5L is the same size and weight.  I moved it easily, by myself once on the deck.  Slid it 12' very quickly. 

4 of us easily managed to move it from the trailer to the deck.  If you lay down a couple sheets of plywood, you can just slide it along moving one sheet in front of the other.  I'm assuming the Jetsetter has an acrylic base pan like the Bullfrog.

Enjoy..the JS was my first choice until we found the Bullfrog tubs.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 03:14:48 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  So basically, I use that pry bar to get it far enough off the ground to get some PVC pipe under it on one side and then lay some other PVC pipes and slowly roll it a few feet over several PVC pipes?

Modern scientists believe they built pyramids this way (just not using PVC) ... one of those slabs were many tons. I forgot that device that Tman showed you - yes, pick up a side, slide the pvc pipes underneath and you may be golden!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 04:45:39 pm »
Little chunks of wood are a big help. Once you get it up with the bar use the wood get a better bite with the bar get it up some more. Move to the other side. Then get in the middle and get a good bite. Should be able to slide 3-4 chunks of PVC under.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 04:45:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42