What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dreammaker HOT Tub Spa Good or bad ?  (Read 22000 times)

Drummerguy

Dreammaker HOT Tub Spa Good or bad ?
« on: November 05, 2015, 09:05:48 am »
What are your thoughts on this Hot tub --good or bad ? Technicians what is the biggest pet peeve on these tubs ?

Hot Tub Forum

Dreammaker HOT Tub Spa Good or bad ?
« on: November 05, 2015, 09:05:48 am »

Drummerguy

Re: Dreammaker HOT Tub Spa Good or bad ?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 05:12:16 pm »
Anybody ????

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 05:23:40 pm »
always helps to post a link to the exact model(s) you're looking at

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 07:13:10 pm »
They are an in-expensive option versus a more expensive hydrotherapy machine. If swirling hot water is all you seek.

For what you pay for them it may allow you to soak outside for a few years, see if your into it. But don't expect it to be real efficient or quiet, or heat fast or massage on your sore muscles, much. But hot water soaks are nice and relaxing to. Also please don't think that the luxury of a 7-9 thousand dollar tub can provide is the same. Love the durability of the rotomold though, just not as attractive IMO The BigEZ?
Retired

Drummerguy

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 08:07:10 pm »
Yes the Big EZ is the one i am looking into - :)

http://dreammakerspas.com/product/big-ez/

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 09:06:19 pm »
I know nothing about the spa but here are my thoughts ...

It has a lot of jets for a 2 HP pump; it only holds 247 gallons of water  - will probably get to temp faster then a 400 gallon spa but that's not a lot of water; they claim to have proprietary controls - what happens when a problem happens but at less then $4000 it could be as Tman said - a way to get into a tub to see if it's for you. Hot water in itself is relaxing.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 09:40:30 pm »
I wonder about the "heat stick"
Retired

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 11:10:31 am »
I wonder about the "heat stick"

I was thinking it's like an old fashioned fluid warmer ... kind of like a coil that you drop into water with a power cord on it. :)

Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Immersion-Heater-Portable-Beverage/dp/B000VK0DRY

Drummerguy

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 12:02:48 pm »
I think i may get better relaxation in a hot shower --LMAO :) -- I am in need of a good tub for around 3-5000 - I know there are lot of good tubs out there - it seems like they ALL have issues sooner or later - BUT i am going to buy one soon- I have heard alot about Artesian (nope) alot about Caldera (possibly) .

Now alittle about me - ex Navy vet - i have a rotten back - i like a vigorous jet or jets - me and the wife and maybe 1 or 2 friends now and then so maybe a 4 man will do for us-I live in Ohio and it gets cold in the winter here--ANY AND ALL COMMENTS OR OPINIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED--Thank you !
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:05:06 pm by Drummerguy »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 12:34:25 pm »
I think i may get better relaxation in a hot shower --LMAO :) -- I am in need of a good tub for around 3-5000 - I know there are lot of good tubs out there - it seems like they ALL have issues sooner or later - BUT i am going to buy one soon- I have heard alot about Artesian (nope) alot about Caldera (possibly) .

Now alittle about me - ex Navy vet - i have a rotten back - i like a vigorous jet or jets - me and the wife and maybe 1 or 2 friends now and then so maybe a 4 man will do for us-I live in Ohio and it gets cold in the winter here--ANY AND ALL COMMENTS OR OPINIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED--Thank you !

Not sure why not Artesian, my tub is 10 YO and is in great condition. I have had a leak which I repaired (other high quality brands have leaks as well), had to replace a seal (again other quality tubs have had this issue) and the same pump I replaced a seal needs to be looked at - I think it stems from the leak I didn't fix for years. I do have to replace all 4 of my foot jets but they are made by Waterway - not an Artesian exclusive. Maybe they are no longer made well but if nothing has changed I would recommend one in a minute.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 01:04:06 pm »

In that price range I would look at Nordic, Celebrity by Marquis, Hot Spot by Hot springs, Jacuzzi 200 series (not sure if they have anything in that range) and I'm sure there are a few others I'm missing.  In that range you will have a hard time finding a tub with real strong jets.  Look at Nordic's with there whirlpool jet, if it's in the right position that might be the closest you get to a vigorous jet in this pricepoint.  Why not Artesian?  They have a solid rep

Drummerguy

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 01:54:18 pm »
Thank you -- i am on the hunt 8)

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 02:49:12 pm »
jacuzzi and hot spring isn't going to have anything under 5k...and as mentioned by Hottubguy it will be difficult to find anything with above average jets at this price point unless like mentioned you find a Nordic, Viking, Signature Spas U.S.A or similar brand that has a whirlpool jet standard...have you considered pre-owned?

Sam

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 03:44:33 pm »
Yeah, Artesian is a quality brand.  They have some nice stuff in that price range if you look at their Garden Spas line.  I don't think you are going to find super powerful jets in your budget though.  If you extend it by about a grand, then you should have no problem.

Drummerguy

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 07:51:53 am »
Thank you guys - yes i am looking at pre-owned - also not looking for a project either BUT i dont mind doing a few things. I bought a Coast series about 45 days ago and fixed alot of stuff on it - when i was done-$1500 into and then come to find out the board was getting weak - so i sold it to a used dealer and still came out ok :) (thank god) ....anyhow---yeah--looking at used ones--trust me--i know what to look out or now - NO WATER in tub and no wet test- then i ain't the buyer :) -- if the water is surging like its not getting enough power --either the pump and/or spa pack...the one i had was installed factory with speakers - nope i don't need a stereo either (haha) -- are those colored leds ? Oh wait a minute --those are colored fiber optic lights - yeah--i have been around the world on hot tubs in the last 45 days - i feel like a skilled technician now !!  LMAO

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 07:51:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42