What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ventilation  (Read 4114 times)

sickboyshadow

Ventilation
« on: November 06, 2015, 10:51:39 am »
Hi Guys

Looking for a little advice, my new hot tub will be installed next week. It is a 2m x2m tub and will be placed in a 10' x 12' Summer House.

The summer house has no windows that open and with the doors shut it will soon be full of condensation and go mouldy etc

I am looking to fit some electric fan vents and am led to believe i need one that blows in and one that sucks out. This is to create a circle of venting.

Im really asking if this is correct but mainly what size extractor vent would i need ?

Any help would be apreciated

Lee

Hot Tub Forum

Ventilation
« on: November 06, 2015, 10:51:39 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ventilation
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 11:42:47 am »
What you need is cross ventilation.

Place the fan at the highest place and vents around the lowest place (1 on each wall - maybe 6 in x10 in) and you should be fine. A 10x12x8 room is 960 cubic feet so a 120 CFM or larger fan should work ok. If you can install a timer - even better. With that size fan you will get approximately 7.5 air exchanges an hour [(120 CFM x 60 min)/960 cubic ft]. If the fan is on a timer it makes t easier to vent the room while you're not there and when you need to add a lot of chemicals (shocking). Set the timer for an hour or so before you get in or for 1/2 hour or so for when you get out and it should work ... if need be adjust the time for longer ventilation (1 hour is max on my timer). I have used Fantech fans in my bathroom renovation and they are a quality item and would recommend them to anyone; I have attic mounted but I would imagine they all are quality pieces.

As a FYI, I have a 110 CFM fan in my bathroom and my showers tend to be hot. With the fan running I may get a little condensation on the mirrors while I shower with the door closed and only 1 6x10 vent (forced hot air) but as soon as the shower is over the mirror clears up within 3 minutes and once the door is open it is almost instantaneous. I can actually feel a draft when I open the shower door to get out.

I am not in the HVAC business but think that this is a good enough solution to this problem.

sickboyshadow

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 11:54:36 am »
Now that's what i call an answer !!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 07:11:18 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 09:08:10 pm »
That's an interesting point. If the dehumidistat is set below ambient humidity, it'll never turn off.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

sickboyshadow

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 02:39:51 am »
Well here in the UK it is never to humid, so should not be to much of an issue. Once i find ambient humidity

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 02:39:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42