What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J-400 Pro Touch on a J-470 Jacuzzi  (Read 5500 times)

drjames1107

J-400 Pro Touch on a J-470 Jacuzzi
« on: November 08, 2015, 09:10:39 pm »
Anyone here have any experience with the new J-400 pro touch control panel? Im purchasing a J-470 Jacuzzi and wondering if I should get a 2015 with the J-1000 panel or the new 2016 J-470 with the J-400 touch panel. I really wan to be able to link in with my phone. This way I can get the spa heating ahead of time. The salesman says it can be done with either panel with a wifi kit, is this true?

I'm thinking if I can get wifi on the J-1000 it may be a better experience seeing how the J-400 pro touch is new and all.

Any help appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

J-400 Pro Touch on a J-470 Jacuzzi
« on: November 08, 2015, 09:10:39 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: J-400 Pro Touch on a J-470 Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 07:10:40 am »
There are a few people here with wifi and they have had less than stellar experience with it. I forget which brand of tubs they have but they aren't happy at all.

Playing around with the water may sound like a great idea but in reality a quality tub once it gets to set temp deviates very little from it when it is just sitting there. If the heater comes on for 10 minutes an hour to maintain temp, dropping the temp 10 degrees gives you what in perceived savings.

There are some things that I don't get in technology, this is one of them. I do understand wanting to know certain things - I had a wireless thermometer in the tub for about a year " to keep tabs" on it ... temp never changed. But cor the money I probably would invest in a great Bluetooth speaker to pipe music to the tub.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 10:46:58 am »
I agree with Vinny.  The only way I see wifi being useful (to raise and lower temp) is if this is a second home and you are gone for weeks at a time.  Otherwise, just maintain a constant temp. 

I'm a nerdy guy and I like the tech aspect, but in reality there is very low use for me to turn on my jets while I'm at work.

amy2421

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 12:13:13 pm »
Anyone here have any experience with the new J-400 pro touch control panel? Im purchasing a J-470 Jacuzzi and wondering if I should get a 2015 with the J-1000 panel or the new 2016 J-470 with the J-400 touch panel. I really wan to be able to link in with my phone. This way I can get the spa heating ahead of time. The salesman says it can be done with either panel with a wifi kit, is this true?

I'm thinking if I can get wifi on the J-1000 it may be a better experience seeing how the J-400 pro touch is new and all.

Any help appreciated.

I just got a 2015 J-470 a month ago. I keep the temperature set at the same rate and it seems to do a great job of maintaining the temperature so far. (I realize colder weather is coming so it will be heating more often to maintain the set temp.) I don't think I would ever be adjusting the temperature or jets from an app when I'm not home.

However, I did get the J-1000 remote and I like being able to see the temperature from inside my house, just to keep an eye on it periodically without having to go outside and open the cover. Also when the jets are running to cycle chemicals, I can see when they shut off from the remote so I know when to go back outside to close the cover. I can also turn the lights on and off and adjust the temperature from the remote.

I would compare the price difference between the 2015 and the 2016 and see if it might be cheaper to get the 2015 and get a remote for it (it is included with the Stereo package but an extra accessory without the stereo.) The only other difference I can see with the 2016 is the front control panel is much easier to open with a push-button, no screwdriver required, and apparently the Jacuzzi indicator light/symbol is "redesigned" but I haven't seen it and I doubt that would make enough difference to sway you on what to purchase.

drjames1107

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 04:22:49 pm »
Thanks for all the replies. I haven't had a hot tub in several years (11 years) to be exact. I guess I was thinking with thew wifi I could keep the temperature low and then heat up on the way home to save time. Or are the new tubs so much more efficient you can just leave them at the desired temp constantly?

Also I am in Houston so I'm guessing I will be trying to keep the temp down not up so much.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 06:42:39 pm »
Well my tub is 10 yo and it keeps the temp pretty well. Summer I do have to turn down the heat as the tub climbs in temp. I guess how much more efficient a tub is depends on what you are comparing it to, all high end tubs are about the same and probably all lower end tubs are about the same un terms of energy efficiency.

drjames1107

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 07:32:40 pm »
Thanks for all the replies. I purchased the 2015 J-470, should have the pad poured and everything hooked up to enjoy after my Thanksgiving Dinner.

amy2421

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 08:46:50 pm »
Thanks for all the replies. I purchased the 2015 J-470, should have the pad poured and everything hooked up to enjoy after my Thanksgiving Dinner.

Congrats! :) Can't wait to hear about your experience with your new tub! I think you're going to love it... We absolutely love ours and use it almost daily.

What color combination did you get? May I ask how you decided on the J-470 vs the J-480 or other tubs?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 08:46:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42