What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Standard Envoy vs NXT plus salt system question  (Read 3924 times)

MJR

Standard Envoy vs NXT plus salt system question
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:49:42 pm »
Hi:  First time spa buyer.  We have decided on a Hot Springs Envoy.  We have two decisions to make.  First, for $900 we can upgrade to the NXT model.  Second, we can add a salt system for $1700.  While the NXT looks very nice, I am not sure the upgrade cost is worth it for aesthetics alone.  I understand that the NXT has a composite frame and possibly better energy efficiency.   I am curious as to whether others think the upgrade makes sense in general and whether it is worth the cost.  As to the salt system, I am thinking we can make due without it, but with no experience with the ionization or salt systems, I would like other opinions on that as well.  Thanks very much for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Standard Envoy vs NXT plus salt system question
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:49:42 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Standard Envoy vs NXT plus salt system question
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 01:20:19 pm »
To me the looks are the main differences to consider.  External lights, "floating" look, and the look of the corners.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 01:46:32 pm »
Envoy is a nice tub, I always recommend a wet test of course, also I'd work on that Salt System price, its $500 higher than most dealers are selling it for

MJR

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 05:08:05 pm »
Thank you both for the input.  I appreciate your help.

Tbone77

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 12:27:38 pm »
I am also looking at the Envoy, and was quoted $1100 for the ACE salt water system.  We were not even in the market for a hot tub until we went to the state fair and saw all the different vendors.  I had purchased a Cal Spa hot tub from the fair 19 years ago and sold it with my last house, and had not been thinking about another one until seeing them at the fair.  I looked at many different brands but really like the Hot Springs brand even though they are quite a bit more expensive.  I'm always curious about what other people pay for these, as it does seem like two people will never get the same quote.  I have been quoted $10,900 after the rebates, and that includes a cover, steps, and Ozone system.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 05:08:51 pm by Tbone77 »

cmerritt923

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 01:19:25 pm »
after reading about the salt system, and talking to others who have it, we went for it. got it for $800 with our Envoy. counting the days to delivery now!

Tbone77

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »
Would you mind letting me know what price you paid so I can try to get a comparable deal?  How long do you have to wait once you make the purchase?

cmerritt923

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 02:49:02 pm »
Tbone: We paid 11.9K for the tub, and 800 for the salt. Everything else (steps, cover and delivery) were included. When I called them to change my order (from the Sovereign), they had a truck almost out the door at the manufacturer so they were able to get my order included. It's in now, and scheduled for delivery on 29 Sep. We placed order on 11 Sep, so it really didn't take long. We are in maryland.

Tbone77

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 01:55:48 pm »
We went ahead and did the Envoy as well, but did not go with the salt system.  Was just delivered yesterday, and I am still waiting on the electrician to hook it up.  Looks great though and we can't wait to get it fired up!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 01:55:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42