What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cannot put tub in hold standby mode  (Read 4043 times)

Jostudly

cannot put tub in hold standby mode
« on: October 18, 2015, 12:01:05 pm »
I bought a new tub which is a Hydropool Serenity 5000 and when cleaning the filter it says in the manual to put the tub in hold standby mode to stop filtration when cleaning the filter. The book says to press the down temp button and repeatedly press the light button to get the hold standby function to work. I tried this as well as holding down each temp button and the up temp button by itself but it will not work. I am sure I got it to work once before but now its not working. I called my dealer and they told me I can remove and clean the filter without it being on hold. Will this damage anything if the tub has no filter in it and it tries to filter? Even if I do not need the hold function it still should work otherwise something is defective.

Hot Tub Forum

cannot put tub in hold standby mode
« on: October 18, 2015, 12:01:05 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: cannot put tub in hold standby mode
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 12:06:50 pm »
 You can take the filters out while it's on.   Just make sure nothing is floating around in the spa like a toy or ?  ;)

av8r

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 02:11:09 pm »
Does this look like your control?

https://youtu.be/-pN941w7N3c

Jostudly

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 07:46:49 am »
No, mine is just the basic one with jet,light and temp down and temp up buttons

Jostudly

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 08:18:03 am »
Called the manufacturer and I have to hold the jet button down for 5 secs and it turns the tub off for 60 mins. He said it is a feature I do not need to use when cleaning the filter or draining so not sure why they even have it in the first place.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 08:18:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42