What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima delivered today!! A few questions...  (Read 3848 times)

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
Optima delivered today!! A few questions...
« on: July 15, 2004, 09:37:50 pm »
1. Is the filter supposed to rotate?  Or does it just sit there and the water moves over and thru it?  

2. Our display doesnt have the little ozone light on. Does this mean that the ozone wasnt hooked up properly or is it just a jumper not hooked up that allows the light on the display to work?  When ozone is working, is it something we can see?  

3. When pump 1 is on low, lots of little bubbles come out of what looks like the tub drain.  What is that?   Is the drain shared with something else?  

I just want to sit outside and look at the thing!!  We are dying to get in, but we are doing all the right stuff first: swirl away, drain, refill, metal gon, spa defender and finally at about 10pm we will add the first shock of dichlor.  If all goes well, we hope to be in it tomorrow afternoon!  I promise to post a few pics here this weekend. Thanks to everyone for all the info and opinions, greatly appreciated.  
Lori

Hot Tub Forum

Optima delivered today!! A few questions...
« on: July 15, 2004, 09:37:50 pm »

OnMedic

Re: Optima delivered today!! A few questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 09:44:41 pm »
I can't help you with your questions, but it sounds like you are in awe with your first tub as I was and am!

Anyways... How do you post pictures here?

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 10:56:11 pm »
Hi Lori!

FIRST... CONGRATS!  We are so excited that your tub is THERE!

Are those little bubbles perhaps the ozone at work?  I seem to recall something about little bubbles, but only when one pump is on... not sure.  

Not sure about the big filter moving - I think not.  I think I recall looking in there when we wet tested the Optima, and it wasn't spinning - just the water forced through it.  Hopefully a sesoned Sundance person here will guide us both...  :D

Can't wait to see the pictures... we'll be checking in from the "road" to see them for sure!!

Jodi
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

lufeelia

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 11:25:05 pm »
I also finally got my Optima installed today.  My road, however, has been a long and frustrating one.  In early April, when I bought my Optima, I had already hired a contractor to rebuild my deck and build a new sunroom to put the tub in.  Over the past three months, I had nothing but problems, ultimately leading to my firing the contractor and hiring a new one to fix everything the first one did and finish the job.  But all along, the Optima was sitting on the side of the mess collecting rain and bugs.  However, after many months of anger and restless nights, I guess I will enjoy the Optima more than most to sooth away all of my worries.

I cleaned the tub out with water (filled it up then drained it).  I will go and look a better cleaner.  What is metal gon?  Is it important that I use it?

The one thing I can finally say to my wife tonight as we go to sleep is "Tomorrow, we WILL use the tub! :D"

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 07:39:03 am »
The filter is not supposed to rotate.  Sounds like the retaining nut isn't snug.  

I don't have ozone, so I can't help you there.  Call you dealer, they should be able to advise you.

Not sure about your third question either.  I've not observed this in our spa.  Another question for the dealer.

Enjoy your Optima!
Brewman

For Lufeelia:

Please tell me that you didn't leave your spa sitting outside in the elements uncovered for these months!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 07:42:02 am by Brewman »
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 07:42:15 am »
1. Is the filter supposed to rotate?  Or does it just sit there and the water moves over and thru it?  

Sits there.

3. When pump 1 is on low, lots of little bubbles come out of what looks like the tub drain.  What is that?   Is the drain shared with something else?  

Thats probably where the ozonator enters the water.

I

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 07:43:11 am »
1. No, the filter is not supposed to rotate.  If it does rotate while it is in the water, it is no big deal.  Just remember, only tighten down the nut that holds the filter in place hand tight.  Do not overtighten.

2.  The ozone does not come on until midnight, and then it should run for 24hrs.  If you press the jets button, the ozone indicator will shut off.

3.  The drain is shared with the ozone line.

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 09:33:46 am »
Thanks everyone for your help.  As some of you have stated already the filter just stays put and I will not over tighten.  The Ozone did come on at midnight when the first program cycle started (wish that was stated in the book) and the display has the little picture showing it is working (and the bubbles also).  Ozone and drain uses the same tubeing.  Everything seems to be working great.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 10:34:30 am by CalicoskiesNC »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 09:33:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42