What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Definition of filter cycles?  (Read 3281 times)

amy2421

Definition of filter cycles?
« on: October 14, 2015, 03:31:32 pm »
The downfall to it is if you keep the factory filter cycles set at the factory preset it doesn't work so good.  You need to run the tub more.  I always kept mine running between 6-8 hours a day.  When i put it on 4 hours a day the water wouldn't stay clear

I'm a bit confused about the definition of filter cycles. On my new Jacuzzi, I can set the Circulation pump filter. The factory default was originally set to operate for 12 hours per day (midnight to 12 noon). The Jacuzzi dealer suggested that we change it to 24 hours per day, as it will only cost $5 more/month to run it 24 hours a day. When it is running, it produces a very low hum and makes almost no sound.

Then I can set the actual jet pumps to come on as filtration, on a separate timed setting. The factory default does not have this feature activated so the jet pumps never come on unless I activate them when I'm using the tub or running through chemicals, etc. The dealer suggested leaving this in the default so that this feature is off.

Should I be running the jet pumps periodically each day, or is running the Circ pump sufficient? Is it better to leave the Circ pump on 24 hours a day?

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Definition of filter cycles?
« on: October 14, 2015, 03:31:32 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Definition of filter cycles?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 08:05:49 pm »
The downfall to it is if you keep the factory filter cycles set at the factory preset it doesn't work so good.  You need to run the tub more.  I always kept mine running between 6-8 hours a day.  When i put it on 4 hours a day the water wouldn't stay clear

I'm a bit confused about the definition of filter cycles. On my new Jacuzzi, I can set the Circulation pump filter. The factory default was originally set to operate for 12 hours per day (midnight to 12 noon). The Jacuzzi dealer suggested that we change it to 24 hours per day, as it will only cost $5 more/month to run it 24 hours a day. When it is running, it produces a very low hum and makes almost no sound.

Then I can set the actual jet pumps to come on as filtration, on a separate timed setting. The factory default does not have this feature activated so the jet pumps never come on unless I activate them when I'm using the tub or running through chemicals, etc. The dealer suggested leaving this in the default so that this feature is off.

Should I be running the jet pumps periodically each day, or is running the Circ pump sufficient? Is it better to leave the Circ pump on 24 hours a day?

Thanks in advance!

I say yes you should run a short cycle a couple times a day to purge all plumbing and circulate sanitizer.
Retired

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 08:49:46 pm »
Amy, don't your jet pumps come on for just a couple of minutes just when your circ. pump first comes on? I have the Jacuzzi J-345 and our jet pumps do this. Granted, they are not on for long, but they do come on. I am assuming this is to do what T-man suggests, that being purge the lines.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 10:14:20 pm »
 On a Jacuzzi 300 series you can set your circ pump to run for different lengths of time, and you can set pump 1 to run for different lengths.  It's always based on a 12 hour cycle.   Same with Sundance.    You will also have a purge cycle that occurs every 12 hours.  It will run pump 1 on high for about 30 to 40 sec,  and shut off, then pump two will run as well.   Pump 1 use to run on low speed but since they went away with a 2 spd pump  (not a change I was happy with)  they both will run on high speed not at the same time though during the purge cycle.   

Efficiency wise since you have the circ pump I would limit pump 1 running to an hour twice a day to maybe 2 hrs twice a day.   I can't remember the options they give you for duration.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 10:14:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42