What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi VS Bullfrog VS Costco  (Read 15673 times)

bnhugs

Jacuzzi VS Bullfrog VS Costco
« on: October 07, 2015, 12:32:24 pm »
I'm trying to decide between the three hot tubs below. Any advice or input would be most appreciated, especially on the prices I was quoted. Thanks in advance.

1st: Jacuzzi j-575
I really like the look of the spa and it goes well with the exterior of our new home. I also have some trust in the brand. It seems to have good technology (mobile app) and aesthetics and lighting. I do have some concerns about the service of the spa after purchase. I understand that they would have to send a jacuzzi service tech to my home. The "out the door" price I was quoted to include blue ray stereo, delivery, install and taxes is $13,977.

2nd: Bullfrog A8D
I live in Utah so I like that I would be supporting a local manufactured product. The local dealer has been here for quite a while and seems to have a good service history. The price I was quoted to include steps, lifter, ozone, elite yard stereo, taxes, delivery and install is $13,456.

3rd: Costco sold Divine 7-person spa.
This one has all of the options of the other two spas but is only delivered to my curb. I'd have to figure out install and startup on my own. Service would also be unknown but the price is about 1/2 of the other two. Wondering if the gamble of the lower cost is worth it. Price to include delivery to curb $7,000.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi VS Bullfrog VS Costco
« on: October 07, 2015, 12:32:24 pm »

d00nut

Re: Jacuzzi VS Bullfrog VS Costco
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 01:20:28 pm »
I have sold both Jacuzzi and Bullfrog, and my personal opinion would be the Bullfrog.  Although, I might suggest going with the A8L instead of the A8D, as you get one more jetpack, but still a lounge. 

I sat in both dry, and I will tell you that the Bullfrog seems like it has a lot more room on the inside.  The A8L would probably be slightly more money. 

If aesthetics are a big deal to you, I would also suggest moving away from the yard speaker option.  I think it totally ruins the look of the tub.

Jacuzzi makes a good spa, but why are you concerned with the service tech?  Is the dealer far away?

I have little to no real experience in dealing with Clearwater, which makes Divine.  I will say that although it's half the cost, $7k is a lot to spend on a spa sight unseen.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 01:28:38 pm »
I'm trying to decide between the three hot tubs below. Any advice or input would be most appreciated, especially on the prices I was quoted. Thanks in advance.

1st: Jacuzzi j-575
I really like the look of the spa and it goes well with the exterior of our new home. I also have some trust in the brand. It seems to have good technology (mobile app) and aesthetics and lighting. I do have some concerns about the service of the spa after purchase. I understand that they would have to send a jacuzzi service tech to my home. The "out the door" price I was quoted to include blue ray stereo, delivery, install and taxes is $13,977.

2nd: Bullfrog A8D
I live in Utah so I like that I would be supporting a local manufactured product. The local dealer has been here for quite a while and seems to have a good service history. The price I was quoted to include steps, lifter, ozone, elite yard stereo, taxes, delivery and install is $13,456.

3rd: Costco sold Divine 7-person spa.
This one has all of the options of the other two spas but is only delivered to my curb. I'd have to figure out install and startup on my own. Service would also be unknown but the price is about 1/2 of the other two. Wondering if the gamble of the lower cost is worth it. Price to include delivery to curb $7,000.

If you are in that Jacuzzi, Bullfrog price point I wouldn't even consider Coscto for a spa option. 

bnhugs

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 01:38:10 pm »
@d00nut - The dealer isn't far away but there have been a couple dealers come and go so I want to make sure I'm covered if the dealer goes away again. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will stay away from the yard speakers and consider the A8L. What did you think of the prices?

@Jacuzzi Jim - Do you think the price I was quoted on the bullfrog and Jacuzzi is a good deal?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 03:05:57 pm »
 I think it's a good price but being so close to the factory I think it's high.   I also believe stereos/yard speakers are over rated for what you pay and what you get.  To many options these days for outdoor speakers.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 07:41:07 am »
Costco goes to manufacturers of hot tubs and literally tells them what they want to pay and how many tubs they want to buy. The manufacturer then builds a tub for Costco that will meet the price point set. Do you really think the manufacturer is making less margins to make that happen? Corporate America doesn't give up much margin to meet price points. They just build a cheaper tub.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 11:43:47 am »
I have first hand experience with the Divine spas.  There is a reason that it is half the price, as Tman said.  You'd be better off getting a lower tier Bullfrog or Jacuzzi than a Divine.  They are terrible.

bnhugs

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 12:59:03 pm »
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I'm not going to go with a costco Divine spa so it's down to either the Bullfrog A8 or the Jacuzzi J-575. They are similarly priced. Anyone have a strong opinion on one over the other?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 01:32:59 pm »
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I'm not going to go with a costco Divine spa so it's down to either the Bullfrog A8 or the Jacuzzi J-575. They are similarly priced. Anyone have a strong opinion on one over the other?

I'm sure you can get votes for each but in reality they're both viable options. You've mentioned things like looks, options, pricing... but in reality a huge part of this should come down to which fits/feels best to you and the wet test is clearly the best way to determine that.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 01:36:56 pm »
Yep, both manufacturers are highly regarded.  Pick the one that fits you best and with the dealer that you think will best take care of you.

Racenut

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 03:08:17 pm »
You might double check the quote on the Bullfrog.. their current special is get an A8 for the price of the A7.  Ends this weekend though.

bnhugs

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 10:54:18 am »
Update  - We decided to stick with the A8D as both my wife and I would like to be able to lounge at the same time. We did remove the yard speakers though. Final price including tax and everything else I stated in my 1st post above was $10,300.00. Thanks for the input everyone.

Racenut

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 02:01:37 pm »
Sounds like they came down quite a bit on the original quote.  Good for you!  Congrats!

bnhugs

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 03:04:54 pm »
They did come down quite a bit. I should note, however, that $500 of the drop was due to removing the yard speakers. THanks-

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 03:04:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42