What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone have long term experience with Sundance 680 series?  (Read 3297 times)

wt21

Anyone have long term experience with Sundance 680 series?
« on: September 28, 2015, 01:39:09 pm »
Working through Bullfrog a6, Sundance Edison or a Nordic.

I think I like Edison the best, but they have the least warranty.

Anyone have experience or can comment on the longevity of a Sundance 680 series? It's only got at most a 2 year warranty (outside the shell and structure)

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone have long term experience with Sundance 680 series?
« on: September 28, 2015, 01:39:09 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Anyone have long term experience with Sundance 680 series?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:52:33 pm »
I wasn't going to answer since I'm neither a owner of one or a dealer but from what I hear is that they are a decently made tub. Quality has come down a notch since they've been manufactured in Mexico but sundamce still has a reputation for quality. The Edison you should be able to grab for right around 7k probably even a bit cheaper. I wouldn't let warranty sway you all that much. Warranty is never free which is why the 600 series sun dance is cheaper then the 700 series. I know you've been struggling finding the right tub at the right price, did you make a decision yet?

wt21

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 10:36:09 pm »
Thanks for the details.

I haven't decided yet. My family says "we want a big tub" but when I think about it, I am very skeptical they will use it. Wife and oldest daughter are all about the hair and make up, and not "jump in the pool" types. I barely get my wife in a hottub at a hotel. Youngest might use it, but she gets hot on things initially, and then cools off (see various XBoxes, etc. lying around the house, unused).

If we did a smaller tub, then I could get a better one for me, but fam says they want a larger one, and we're on a fixed budget, so that means down market. Plus, wife says with a big tub, it needs to go in a certain place, which is a $3K landscaping project (sloped yard).

I was thinking cheapie initial tub to force the family to demonstrate they'll use it, on the flat near the house. Run 110, and see who jumps in, but others on this board say it's a waste of money. Thinking maybe of just giving up for now, and use the money saved on regular massages, lol.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:54:54 pm »
That could be a expensive proposition if no one was to use it.  I've met people who had no desire to get one then They get it and couldn't do without it. But I've also met people the opposite way. The blowup type ones would be a waste of money and a waste of electricity. They cost a fortune to use and we are getting close to the winter so they probably won't hold heat very well. Keep plugging away you will find the right deal out there

wt21

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 11:02:06 pm »
Thanks. And if my business would pick up a bit, I'd be a bit more comfortable increasing my budget. I'm also keeping an eye on craigslist, but it would have to be a recent model that someone is letting go for a song.

The expectations on CL are pretty funny. One guy had a 12 year old tub that had been sitting there for some time unused, built into his deck. Said you'd need a cherry picker to remove it, and you'd have to disconnect  it first. Price: $500 firm. Dude, you'd have to pay ME $500 to demolish it for you and throw it away, and even at that, I still think I wouldn't make any money on that project!

wt21

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 11:05:00 pm »
One dealer had a Hotspot SX3 for a price I think in the low $4Ks. I thought that could be a contender, if I could avoid the expensive pad build out.

--Can you move a hot tub again a year later (ignoring the electric hookup for the moment). Or is that just asking for trouble. Thinking maybe I could put something on a flat, non-optimal area of the yard for a year (on one of those pads, or plywood) and if it gets used, then we could build into the sloped area of the yard, a new are for the tub...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 06:16:34 am by wt21 »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 11:18:31 pm »
You can move it. Might need a few friends to help you but definetely doable.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 11:26:34 pm »
Thanks. And if my business would pick up a bit, I'd be a bit more comfortable increasing my budget. I'm also keeping an eye on craigslist, but it would have to be a recent model that someone is letting go for a song.

The expectations on CL are pretty funny. One guy had a 12 year old tub that had been sitting there for some time unused, built into his deck. Said you'd need a cherry picker to remove it, and you'd have to disconnect  it first. Price: $500 firm. Dude, you'd have to pay ME $500 to demolish it for you and throw it away, and even at that, I still think I wouldn't make any money on that project!

Craigslist is funny. You must be seeing all the $8100 tubs for only $2999. Craigslist is hit or miss. I have a customer selling a marquis e322 on there that's less then a year old for cheap money but I've also seen some older tu son there for ridiculous prices

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 11:26:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42