What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: dimension 1 pricing  (Read 4269 times)

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
dimension 1 pricing
« on: July 12, 2004, 02:12:19 pm »
please comment on a fair price for d1 chairman ll and lotus bay. was quoted 10,500 and 12,000 plus tax.
thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

dimension 1 pricing
« on: July 12, 2004, 02:12:19 pm »

poolboy34

Re: dimension 1 pricing
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 11:36:41 pm »
Where are you located??  Those seem more like List prices then actual retail prices.  You should be able to get into a chairman II for around 9K, and a Lotus bay for anywhere from 10, 500-11,000.  Those are two excelent spas, two of the best on the market.  If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

IonHeaven

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 11:24:37 am »
Hi,
I'll be wet testing a Dimension 1 spa later today and looking to spend up to 7,000 and am particularly interested in shoulder/neck therapy.

I was quoted $6400 for the Aurora II, but it doesn't appear to have all the therapy features I'd hoped for.

I also was quoted:

$8700 for the Diplomat

$8300 for the Chairman

$8800 for the Chairman II (I only wish I could!! This spa looks like the ultimate!)

Also, I think these prices are for 2003 models as the dealers get the 2004s in the fall...but I'll double check.

I'm also checking out Beachcomber 2003 720x ($6500) and Marquis Reward $7095. Anyone know how the Aurora II compares to these models?

Thanks for any advice you may have. I'm really looking forward to a good soak after doing all this homework!

Hope these numbers help you dentlfly!

Good luck on your spa-search, IonHeaven

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 01:34:15 pm »
where did you get your quotes from; what city do you live in?  thanks.
ed

IonHeaven

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 06:28:18 pm »
I live in the Adirondack Mountain of upstate NY. I just tested the Aurora II and really liked the adjustable neck massage since I'm mainly concerned with shoulder/neck therapy. The dealer brought the price down to 5,800 with cover lift and cover. Good price?

Loved the tub, but can only get it in white. Not my first choice, but it won't make or break the decision.

IonHeaven

poolboy34

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 12:02:50 am »
Ion Heaven........that's a steal!!!............is it a 2003 model by chance??  and does it have the full warranty??  If the answers are yes, i'd say DO IT.  That's a great price on a spa, that IMO is the best performance wise out of all of D-1's models.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 12:56:08 am »
IonHeaven,
With coverlift, delivery, shipping cost, commision and support your not far from the dealers cost. It has to be a 2003 or your dealer won't be able to keep his doors open long for that price!

IonHeaven

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 08:09:12 am »
Yes, it is a great price AND a terrific value! (includes a cover and cover lifter, delivery and start-up chemicals. I'm not sure if the Aurora II is a 2003 or 2004. I asked the dealer and he said it was a 2004...but didn't seem so sure. They just started carrying the D1 brand this year. I looked by the motor and the inspection sticker was dated 2003...does that mean anything? I will be sure to ask the dealer again to be sure and let you know.  

I wet tested it yesterday and enjoyed the best therapy for my neck/shoulder out of any of the spas Ive tested so far. Also, I loved the swirling massage action. (not sure if it had the sans massage sequencer, what is it? Is it only on the 2004 model or both?)

However, the one thing I didn't like is the way the lounge has such a barrier getting in and out of it. I'm short and have to climb in. It also made the area to move around in the rest of the spa seem smaller. Once I was lying in the lounger though, it felt great! The spa has more than enough power and is very easy to customize the control to each area.  

My family did not like the white shell at all. I asked about ordering one a different color and was quoted something over $1200 more. It also seemed louder than other spas I tried. Part of the reason may have been because they had the panel over the motor off, but even after he put it back on it still 'seemed' louder.

Any comments or advice would be much appreciated. I realize its a great price...a terrific value! Seems like more therapy for the money than the beachcomber 720/720x, but the family likes its deeper footwell, no barrier seating, and foot blasters.

I'm just not sure I will get the neck/shoulder therapy that I'd hoped for in the Beachcomer. I haven't wet tested the Beachcomber 720 models yet, only something larger. (Same price, their pumps are only 3.5 and 1.4 hp. No 24/7 circ pump. 4.0kw heater.)

Well, obviously this is going to be a very tough decision. What spas are even in the same league as far as therapy as the D1? I liked the Aurora II's jet action MUCH better than any of the more expensive tubs Ive tried: Master Spa, Sundance, Hot Springs (vanguard), Tiger River Bengal, Jacuzzi, Reflections, Hydropool, the list goes on...(I haven't tried the Marquis Reward yet.)

I greatly appreciate your time and look forward to any advice you have to guide me on the way.

This message board has been a tremendous help to me! Thanks again everyone!

IonHeaven

Ed: My dealer has 2 in stock at this price in upstate NY. Where are you located?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 10:15:30 am »
That model does not have the massage sequencer. If your short you will come to love the barrier in the lounge as it will help hold you in! The white is the better material for that spa and has a better warranty, if you want color do it with a diffferant bulb or light lens. Remember you are typically in the spa at night, the rest of the time the cover is on. Obviously the dealer got a deal of some kind on that paticular unit and thats why you got the price

If the dealer is new the motor noise your hearing is more than likely the shipping bolts still in the motor support. This happens all of the time even with many existing dealers, they don't take those out until it gets to your house. That is a very quiet running spa most of the time.

There is a lot more to the heating system than the dealer obviously showed you! Your getting one of the more premier spas in the industry for a mid range price, jump on it!

BTW, look at the neck pillow and if there are only 2 jet vs. 4 it is a 2003.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 12:02:22 pm »
What spas are even in the same league as far as therapy as the D1?
For the most part "league of therapy" is as equally subjective as which is the best tub. What you might consider good therapy another might consider terrible therapy. One misconception regarding therapy is that "harder is best" or the bigger the pump the better the jet action. HP of the pumps alone does not give you an accurate indication of therapy or quality, though it can give you an idea of cost to run your spa.

It's all about what you want and what you like.
It appears as though you have tried/wet tested a lot of quality, reputable tubs... keep on wet testing that is the only way to know what tubs are in your league of therapy.
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 12:02:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42