What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Hot Tub Limited Heat  (Read 2418 times)

Drummerguy

Caldera Hot Tub Limited Heat
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:59:50 am »
Hi guys and gals - thank you for having me...I am an avid Hot tubber and i am about or should i say looking at buying another hot tub. The brand is a Caldera pure comfort is all i can get out of the guy that lives about 2 hours from me. He says it is a 7 seater and only heats to 85 degrees and that is it. The age of the unit in 9 years old (looks new in pics) but i am wondering what would cause this issue ? is it the board or is it a heat limiter etc ?

I appreciate all of your knowledge in advance - Ohio here !!!

Drummerguy 

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Hot Tub Limited Heat
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:59:50 am »

av8r

Re: Caldera Hot Tub Limited Heat
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:05:22 am »
Spa could be in economy mode, heater could be bad, control could be bad, etc.  I'm guessing the owner knows what's wrong (hence the sale) and may not be forthcoming. 

Pretty hard to diagnose from 2 hours away.  Good luck.

Drummerguy

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 09:08:25 am »
Very true about the owner knows and not telling - i get the "we're moving and cannot take with us" on 1 out of every 5 ads i see why people are selling the tubs--LOL--I am trying to figure something out--but what i have noticed is that it does heat but only to 85--i am not opposed to spending a buck on it to fix it either BUT the guy is asking 700 for it...   

lehacf

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 01:22:21 pm »
Bad sensor?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 09:47:37 pm »
Hi guys and gals - thank you for having me...I am an avid Hot tubber and i am about or should i say looking at buying another hot tub. The brand is a Caldera pure comfort is all i can get out of the guy that lives about 2 hours from me. He says it is a 7 seater and only heats to 85 degrees and that is it. The age of the unit in 9 years old (looks new in pics) but i am wondering what would cause this issue ? is it the board or is it a heat limiter etc ?

I appreciate all of your knowledge in advance - Ohio here !!!

Drummerguy

85 degrees sounds like a heater. The friction of the pumps running are keeping the water that degree or it could be the outside air temp depending on where he is. Could also be a temp sensor. Are the lights coming on saying its calling for heat?

Drummerguy

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 07:45:09 am »
I ended up buying a Coast Lenai used - i hear alot fo bad and positive things with these tubs - its a 6 man used - with new pumps and led lighting - original owner for $300 - i will take pics of the tub when delivered on Tuesday of next week - was too good of a deal NOT to pass it up -- Its pretty sweet - no rot on surround--i saw it working in person and secured the deal last night--paid for ! Yes you heard that right $300 cash...wait till you see - pretty sweet deal man.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 07:45:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42