What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 30 day thoughts  (Read 4092 times)

icenogle

30 day thoughts
« on: September 25, 2015, 06:37:25 pm »
Been using my first tub (Jacuzzi J-345) for 30 days now. 
So relaxing,  since I have been soaking usually by myself now that my wife got a job, I have started reading a lot more since it's not large enough to swim in.  Three books in the last week and a half.  Authors Grisham, Patterson and now David Ellis "The Last Alibi" - excellent read.  Best part about the books is buying them a Value Village Thrift Store.  Broke after buying the hot tub.  Going for a soak after this post and read.  Actually feel like your involved in these murder stories, almost as intense as the Bullfrog technology posts

Kind of hurt my back three weeks ago lifting a round of fir - getting old should have known better.  Went to the doctor got 2 shots in the a#$ and some pain killers and muscle relaxers.  Which worked pretty good and are now gone.  I feel about 80-90% better.  She said stay of of the hot tub.  Well I did not listen.  I have used it just about everyday.  Truth is I feel good when I get in it, but feel worse when I get out.  I wonder if it is the heat or the jets making me feel worse.

Maybe I will try no jets today and just soak.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:43:31 pm by icenogle »

Hot Tub Forum

30 day thoughts
« on: September 25, 2015, 06:37:25 pm »

Quickbeam

Re: 30 day thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 07:32:00 pm »
Glad you're enjoying your hot tub. I'm a fellow J-345 owner. After reading your post I think I need to take another look at my tub. I don't think I do have full power at all the jets - maybe it's because yours is newer!

orlando1

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 08:24:16 pm »
I hate you've had this type of experience with your dealer. I told you what I thought about the probability of them lying to you in your other thread. If it was me, I would have told them to give me a refund(I bet they would have found a way to come up with the tub you originally paid for then). It's one thing for your dealer to lie to you, but it's on a different level when they do so to purposely trick you into accepting a tub they had in stock to get rid of instead of ordering the tub you paid for. With deception like that, how will they respond if you ever have issues with your tub. A dealer who makes it obvious they aren't trustworthy is a dealer I couldn't deal with.

But I'm glad you are enjoying your tub overall. But my experience with mine have been kind of the opposite of yours. I got my cameo about a week or so before you did. I get in it daily, sometimes on the weekend twice a day. Many times when I get in, I'm extremely sore. But when I get out, all soreness and pain is completely gone. I feel like a new person, and wife have the exact same experience as I.

Also I couldn't be happier with my dealer. They have made a few trips out since I've had mine. One was, I had a problem with my free chlorine disappearing too fast. So they brought out a floating brominator to try out, and I like it much better. The other time was when they brought a cover lifter II, but I decided a coverlifter I would probably be better for me. So they ordered one for me and came back out a week later. All of this is without charging me a dime. They have held my hand the whole way and I couldn't be happier with them. They are just as nice and seem just as willing to help me with anything, as they were before I ever paid them a dime. Choosing the right dealer is important. There are too many good brands and dealers in my area for me to ever be willing to settle for less. I do hope you continue to enjoy you tub. And sincerely hope your relationship with your dealer improves.

icenogle

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 09:11:39 pm »
x
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:44:27 pm by icenogle »

icenogle

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 09:13:20 pm »
Other than that minor issue - I love it.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 09:16:46 pm »
They don't even know that they told me two different stories.  It happened on two different days by two different people at two different locations.  The salesperson I feel was honest it was the people in their local headquarters that lied.  The people in the place where in bought it had to go along with their lying from Renton headquarters.  they need to take the ethics classes that we are forced to take every year.  They don't even know I'm unhappy with their integrity - unless they read the posts here.  I did tell the salesperson (manager) about this site and sent him the link.

It's funny it went from one of the best and quickest buying experiences I have ever had until a few weeks after the sale when Jeff B from Aquaquip Renton headquarters called me and gave me the sob story.

They recently sent me a request for a review.  I'll probably work on that later this evening. 

I enjoy the hot tub so much I am planning for my next one, my back should be recovered by then.  I figure I have about 12-13 more years before I retire.  So in about ten years I will buy my second and final hot tub.  Probably be my retirement gift to myself.  It will be a nice one.  Sure as hell won't be a Jacuzzi - just because!

How do you know they were lying?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 09:20:50 pm »
 Hard to say if anything actually happened to the spa or if it didn't get ordered.  They did offer to re-order his spa which he declined because no one want's to or will wait another 3 weeks.   But what do you expect them to do?  It is what it is, and it is what it isn't.   Sometimes chit happens. 

Aquaquip in Seattle has been around a very long time and sell both Jacuzzi and Sundance, if he has a problem I am sure they will take care of him.   As far as the compensation if they said it was a couple hundred dollar thing or it's what he thinks he heard, I would have held them to it or gone higher up they chain.    Not making excuses for them, but they a  good company.   

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 09:23:14 pm »
x
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:20:27 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

icenogle

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 09:37:58 pm »
Ok Jim, I agree with you.  Not Jacuzzi, just one of the people that gave me one of the two stories.  And possibly their stories got mixed up.  It's not about compensation.  It's believing their story.  In fact, I'll get rid of this post.

icenogle

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 09:47:51 pm »
Hottubguy.  Lying was too strong.  Two different stories about what happened from different people somebody was wrong.  Could have been some confusion.  Adjusted my post cause I guess I don't know for sure. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 10:39:12 pm »
Hottubguy.  Lying was too strong.  Two different stories about what happened from different people somebody was wrong.  Could have been some confusion.  Adjusted my post cause I guess I don't know for sure.

I guess the positives are you like the tub and the color. jacuzzi makes a fine product. Hopefully you will have many trouble free years with it.  Hopefully your back gets better so you can get more use or of the tub.

icenogle

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 08:48:12 am »
I have not listened to my doctor.  I have used it as much as Orlando1 has used his, just about everyday and twice a couple of times.  It is getting plenty of use.  The majority of my back pain is gone.  I think it will take a few months for it to feel completely better.  Learned a lesson.  I am completely happy with the tub.  Sitting in the tub relaxing I can't help to think how spoiled we are.  Sure we work hard for some of the pleasures we have we are lucky to live in the USA.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 08:48:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42