What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie looking for purchase help -- Artesian or Jacuzzi dealer brands  (Read 2228 times)

wt21

I am looking at two dealers and their dealer brand hot tub.

First, one dealer is offering me a Tropic Reflections, which is made by Artesian, and the other is offering a Sundance Spa, made by Jacuzzi. (or so I've been told on both).

With a kit (steps, cover, etc.) the Sundance is coming in at $9900 and the Tropic Reflections at $7800. Sundance does have a $7500 spa, but that does NOT include a circulation pump, and I'd like to do the Ozone option. Both dealers service their spas, but the one offering the Tropic Reflections is more old-school. They don't have big marketing push or fancy show room. The other clearly has some market overhead.

Do these "made by" brands skimp on quality? That's a big price difference, but from what I've read both Jacuzzi and Artesian are good brands. I'll consider paying for quality, but not marketing over head. And how critical is the circulation pump?

Hot Tub Forum

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Newbie looking for purchase help -- Artesian or Jacuzzi dealer brands
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 08:14:58 pm »
Both are good brands
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 11:54:21 am »
Tropical Reflexions appears to be a private label spa.  Typically they skimp on quality to hit price points on private label programs.  Sundance is a national brand made by Jacuzzi.  More like a part of GM than a private label.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 11:54:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42