What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decisions Decisions.. Hotspring/Bullfrog/Clearwater  (Read 8809 times)

mzinga

Decisions Decisions.. Hotspring/Bullfrog/Clearwater
« on: September 04, 2015, 05:53:07 pm »
Been out and about, and tired of looking at tubs, but I think we are finally at a decision point.

Our finalists are:

Bullfrog R6@$6500
Clearwater XS84 @$6000
HotSpring Flair @$7300

I think we are leaing the Hostpring way, just want to see your more expert opinions rather than mine.  Was interesting to see the wide disparity in prices.  We had a Jacuzzi two years ago and hated the worthless clear-ray unit/chemical situation.  We sold it when we built a new house.  Was also interesting to see what some claim to be lesser tubs like a Maax/Vita line to be more expensive than something like the Flair.

Any opinions would be valuable before we take the plunge.

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Decisions Decisions.. Hotspring/Bullfrog/Clearwater
« on: September 04, 2015, 05:53:07 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Decisions Decisions.. Hotspring/Bullfrog/Clearwater
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 07:23:41 pm »
Have you wet tested them?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

mzinga

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 07:28:18 pm »
Only wet tested the hot spring and loved it.  We haven't had the ability to wet test the other two.

av8r

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 10:01:14 pm »
Unless you wet test there isn't much to say.  They're all good brands.  The dealer is more important.  Bullfrog has a very unique and IMO more modern design/engineering.

Good luck.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 10:06:18 am »
To this day I've never seen a clearwater spa.  Are they more of a regional spa company?  The other two are very good brands.  Wet test and figure out which one you like the best

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 11:41:33 am »
 They are built about 70 miles south of me and North of Seattle.   Some rumor is they are struggling internally but not sure how true that is.   I believe they are sold across the country though.

Sam

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 12:05:36 pm »
They are built about 70 miles south of me and North of Seattle.   Some rumor is they are struggling internally but not sure how true that is.   I believe they are sold across the country though.

They absolutely are struggling big time for the last 2 years or so.  They brought in an investment company that then decided to clear house and got rid of a bunch of long term employees.  The company culture was bad for awhile.  Hopefully they right the ship.  They can make pretty decent spas.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 01:17:34 pm »

They absolutely are struggling big time for the last 2 years or so.  They brought in an investment company that then decided to clear house and got rid of a bunch of long term employees.  The company culture was bad for awhile.  Hopefully they right the ship.  They can make pretty decent spas.

They sell on Costco.com as Divine.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Sam

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 02:44:09 pm »

They sell on Costco.com as Divine.

Yeah, but the divine are not the  same as their dealer line.  They are actually pretty shoddy.  The full clearwater line was pretty good but their quality control went to shit a couple of years ago.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 05:31:03 pm »
hmmmmmmmmmm, something like 8 different manufacturers that sold through costco have gone bankrupt over the years.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

NZArtist

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 08:01:49 pm »
I have had constant problems with my Hotspring Grandee.
In my opinion they're way overpriced junk.
I don't even use it anymore - it's just too depressing.  I just maintain it for friends.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 09:34:13 pm »
What have the problems been? Is your dealer not taking care of the problems? Many thousands of happy HS owners have helped them build one of the, if not the best track record for reliability and longevity. I find it surprising your that unhappy. That's to bad.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 10:37:48 pm »
What have the problems been? Is your dealer not taking care of the problems? Many thousands of happy HS owners have helped them build one of the, if not the best track record for reliability and longevity. I find it surprising your that unhappy. That's to bad.

Search his post, on second thought, never mind.     ;)

av8r

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 08:52:23 am »
Search his post, on second thought, never mind.     ;)

8)

mzinga

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 09:42:24 am »
So should I be wary of the Clearwater?  They were setting up a wet test but in the birch bay similar tub and I told him to forget it.  Should wet test the bullfrog today.  The bullfrog seemed very cheap after we looked at the hot springs.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 09:42:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42