What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance filters...questions?  (Read 2611 times)

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
Sundance filters...questions?
« on: July 14, 2004, 03:03:22 pm »
We've been told that the pleated SD filter will last up to 10yrs with proper care.  And the microclean section needs to be replaced every 3mo w/water change.  10yrs on the pleated, that sounds like a long time.  He says that as long as the pleats are in good shape, its gonna work.  Said we soak every 6mo, but use a spray cleaner about twice a month, and hose spray every week or so  

True?  

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance filters...questions?
« on: July 14, 2004, 03:03:22 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Sundance filters...questions?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 03:16:56 pm »
I change my micro clean filter every four months when I change water and mineral cartridge.  I expect my pleated cartridge to last maybe three years.  I figure they should last about 18 months and I use two that I swap between every month.  I clean them monthly in filter cleaner.  I generally do not rinse them in between cleanings.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 03:17:54 pm by tony »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 03:56:59 pm »
I change the micro filter every water change (3 to 4 months), and clean and swap the pleated filter at that time.  I don't clean the pleated filter between changes, as it doesn't get that dirty.  I swap between 2 filters, and I hope to get at least two years out of them.
Ten years is longer than I'd expect to get, but then again, I only have a year on my tub so far.
Brewman
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 08:55:52 pm »
Do filters EVER last 10 yrs? Yes, so they really weren't fibbing by saying they can if cared for. Is that a typical timeframe when properly cared for? Certainly not. Since the warranty is long over the salesman isn't making a promise that'll come back to bite him/her and it sure sounds good.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 08:55:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42