What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to Hot Tubs and Need Advice  (Read 3765 times)

JStarz

New to Hot Tubs and Need Advice
« on: July 13, 2015, 10:43:25 am »
Hi, I am new here but have been browsing the posts for the last couple of weeks.  I am trying to educate myself and get up to speed on the world of hot tubs, and I have to say, it is totally confusing!  So far, I visited my local Hot Spring dealer and had them out for a home visit.  I also went to see some Bullfrog and Marquis spas yesterday at a different store.  I have not wet tested any of them yet, but from looking around and sitting in some of the tubs, so far I like the Hot Spring Envoy, Marquis Epic, and Bullfrog A7L.

The one thing I am struggling with is that I have some reservations about the dealer who sells the Bullfrog and Marquis, while the Hot Spring dealer has been outstanding to interact with.  I am in the Atlanta area, so if any of you could give feedback on some dealers in this area, that would be great!  I see from many of your posts that you say to go with a dealer you are most comfortable with, which obviously points me towards the Hot Spring.  But, I also feel I may be dismissing other great spas just because of a crappy dealer experience.

I plan to wet test the Hot Spring this week.  The Bullfrog/Marquis dealer seemed a little hesitant about wet testing.  When I asked him about it, he said he only allows testing to very serious buyers...I don't really think anyone would be asking to wet test if they weren't serious about buying!  Anyway, he gave me a bad impression although I did like the spas themselves.  The problem is that I couldn't see myself feeling good about having to use him for warranty work.  Also, he said they include the running of the electrical line for the tub in the prices, which I thought seemed strange.  The Hot Spring dealer said I would be responsible for getting that done by an electrician of my choice.

Anyway, I know I am asking a lot of questions, but I feel a little overwhelmed!  I enjoy reading the posts on here and look forward to navigating my way thru this process!

Hot Tub Forum

New to Hot Tubs and Need Advice
« on: July 13, 2015, 10:43:25 am »

Quickbeam

Re: New to Hot Tubs and Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 11:40:54 am »
It really is important to feel good about your dealer. Buying a spa is expensive and it's also a purchase you will hopefully have for a long time. If you have the spa for a long time, then you will have a relationship with your dealer for a long time. Make sure it's a good relationship! If you are not comfortable with the other dealers then I would be looking at HotSpring. And beside all that, Hotsprings makes a very good product.

If you're not comfortable at this stage with limiting yourself to just Hotspring, are there some other dealers in your area? Maybe look at D1, Jacuzzi, Sundance, etc., etc. But again, I really don't think you'll go wrong with Hotspring.

And finally, I know looking for a new spa is confusing. There is just so much conflicting, and quite frankly bad information out there. Just take your time and try not to get too overwhelmed. There are some great people on this forum who will help you and will answer your questions. My advice is always to go with a spa manufacturer with a good name that has a reputation for building a quality spa, go with a dealer you're comfortable with, and before you buy, wet test, wet test, and wet test. You will hear that over and over again on this forum and the reason people stress the wet test is because it is so important. You can buy a quality product from a great dealer, but if you aren't comfortable in the spa once you get it home and filled up, then all the rest really doesn't matter much.

Sam

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 05:17:01 pm »
Quickbeam nailed it

JStarz

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 01:25:00 pm »
Just an update since my first post...

I wet tested the Hot Spring Envoy, Sundance Optima, Bullfrog A8, and the Marquis Epic.  My top 2 are the Epic (or comparable Show) and the Envoy.  My favorite is the Marquis because I feel in love with the adirondack seat and the incredible leg jets!  I didn't want to get out of that seat. The Envoy is very nice,  I just felt the jets weren't as impressive.  The Envoy is a very pretty and well designed tub, which I appreciate.

So, my dilemma comes back to the question of the dealer experience.  I have some reservations about the Marquis dealer,  although I will say the saleswoman I dealt with yesterday was pleasant.  The Hot Spring dealer has gone above and beyond in being very proactive,  although I'm sure part of it is to get the sale.

Does anyone have any experience in buying a Marquis in North GA?  I feel like the Marquis is my favorite tub, but do I sacrifice that for a better dealer experience?   It seems this one dealer is the only option in my area. 

richierich

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 06:11:07 pm »
Don't sacrifice, get the tub you want or you will probably kick yourself later on down the road.

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 10:29:50 pm »
The Epic is an awesome tub, my personal favorite.  If you liked it the best in the wet test, you may be disappointed if you go with something else. Keep in mind the warranty is covered by the manufacturer, so if something were to happen to your local dealer, you would still be covered in the unlikely event that something were to go bad, and Marquis is a great company to deal with.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 11:00:35 am »
Just an update since my first post...

I wet tested the Hot Spring Envoy, Sundance Optima, Bullfrog A8, and the Marquis Epic.  My top 2 are the Epic (or comparable Show) and the Envoy.  My favorite is the Marquis because I feel in love with the adirondack seat and the incredible leg jets!  I didn't want to get out of that seat. The Envoy is very nice,  I just felt the jets weren't as impressive.  The Envoy is a very pretty and well designed tub, which I appreciate.

So, my dilemma comes back to the question of the dealer experience.  I have some reservations about the Marquis dealer,  although I will say the saleswoman I dealt with yesterday was pleasant.  The Hot Spring dealer has gone above and beyond in being very proactive,  although I'm sure part of it is to get the sale.

Does anyone have any experience in buying a Marquis in North GA?  I feel like the Marquis is my favorite tub, but do I sacrifice that for a better dealer experience?   It seems this one dealer is the only option in my area.

Two things we all preach here are the value of a wet test and the need to have a good dealer. It seems you just have to weigh how much more you liked one spa vs the other in the wet test vs how much more comfortable you feel with one dealer vs the other when factoring that in. Give it a couple days and go with your gut feeling.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 11:00:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42