What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rehab for a neglected tub questions  (Read 2962 times)

TimQ

Rehab for a neglected tub questions
« on: August 15, 2015, 09:04:58 pm »
I'll apologize in advance if there's a thread about this.  Please just point me to it if that's the case. 

I have a Dynasty spa that has been neglected for a couple years.  Removed the decomposing cover today and the inside was surprisingly not as nasty as I predicted.  Removed a little water and some surface dirt.  New cover and filters on the way. 

My question, what's the best way to get the filth out of the system?  There has to be some algae and other sediment in the lines. Plus, does anyone have suggestions for replacement jets?  My local place estimated they could get them for $20-$30 a piece.  Not unreasonable, but I'll likely need to replace around 15 of them.

Last question.  When the spa was last running, we were using bromine.  I really dislike the smell.  Local place said I could switch to chlorine without any complications.  Is that 100% accurate?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Rehab for a neglected tub questions
« on: August 15, 2015, 09:04:58 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Rehab for a neglected tub questions
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 09:58:11 pm »
 I would either hit it really hard with chlorine and let it run for a day, then drain and refill or pick up a product called spa flush or something equivalent like jet clean.     As far as sanitation wise  I like a Nature 2 mineral stick with a dose of chlorine after use, then shock once a week.  Or shock after use with a good dose of chlorine once a week.  Both will work well depending on # of people using it.   Watch PH/ALK and you should be good.

Jet wise, you can probably find them on line from Waterway for less than a dealer will sell them to you, just have to make sure the face is the right size and the back of the jet matches what you have.   Most sites will have sizes.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Rehab for a neglected tub questions
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 09:58:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42