What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Testing - Water balance - Out of limits - Request for advice/help please  (Read 2011 times)

privatepilotuk

Hi,

Thank you for letting me join the forum. Hot tub owner for three months. Bought from Hot Tub Superstore UK

Learning the ropes on Water Balancing but sometimes I just get it completely wrong.

See attached photo of AQUACHEK BROMINE test strip to compare.

Would be grateful of some advice please...click link below to see image of test strip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnczxydj55ksdql/2015-08-02%2012.37.47.jpg?dl=0

Dave

Hot Tub Forum

kporter

Have you by accident added a different test strip and refilled it in that bottle?

Ph & Bromine readings look reversed.

I would get some new test strips and get that water into a lab for a check.

Porter

privatepilotuk

Thanks for the reply Portor. I have changed to a new Test Strip Bottle, just to be sure and same results.

What I can;t tell if which end of the scale they are. So I can add say PH+ or - etc

Very costly to send of to Labs for testing. Probably easier to dump the water and refill etc.

I think tonight I'll take a glass sample and then test and dilute each time to see where the levels are

Dave

kporter

Do you not have a pool or hot tub store locally? We often test water for free.

Anyway yes better to dump, rinse and refill.

privatepilotuk

I Agree, I'm going to dump and refill and do things very slowly tonight. Also, yes, I will go to my local supplier and they can do some free testing for me. Never thought of that. I spend enough with them

Dave

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42