What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: a little advice please  (Read 2837 times)

ccj

a little advice please
« on: August 09, 2015, 04:33:59 pm »
I apologize in advance.  I know there has been a lot of discussion about new purchases but I have a couple of more specific question. 
What we are considering

A
Coast spas
55 jets
foot jets
2 year warranty
2 pumps

$10 500

B
Arctic Spas
45 jets
no foot jets
5 year warranly
3 pumps
Better Dealer
$13 000

I guess the question is how important is the warranty?  If I can expect to call on the warranty I suppose I want the better warranty and Dealer but it is a big chunk of money to get it.
One of question if how important is the number of jets.  Another option at a better price is an Arctic Spa with only 30 jet.  The price is closer and I would still get the better Dealer and warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

a little advice please
« on: August 09, 2015, 04:33:59 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: a little advice please
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 04:40:16 pm »
 You spend 10 grand on a spa with a 2 year warranty, your crazy.  Either way you might look at another brand other than Arctic.  Arctic does build a nice spa though.   

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 05:11:28 pm »
The number of jets doesn't matter at all. It's how the jets feel. You really do need to do a wet test to determine which feels better, although if it were me I wouldn't be interested in a Coast Spa. Should also qualify that by saying I'm not an expert. Just read some things about Coast some time ago that I didn't like, and also didn't like their salesperson when we looked at them.

ccj

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 05:21:22 pm »
Jim, I stated the warranty wrong.  The cheaper one (Coast) has a three year warranty not two.  I am not sure I understand your point though.  Warranty should be a major factor?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 06:32:34 pm »
Of all the things you list, the only important thing for comparison purposes is the WARRANTY (and how the spa feels to you).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 06:32:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42