What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Old spa worth keeping  (Read 2607 times)

SpaMom75

Old spa worth keeping
« on: July 16, 2015, 09:57:03 am »
We own a Viking supreme that is 10 years old. It has been kept indoors in a sunroom. It finally quit working. It shows low flow and temperature sensors are not working. It probably needs a new control panel. The heater had been working fine & pump just quit because of low flow. Is it worth fixing? Should I pay someone to figure out what's wrong & fix it? A sales person at our local hot tub store said it may cost $1000 to fix. Would I be better off trading it or having it hulled away?

Hot Tub Forum

Old spa worth keeping
« on: July 16, 2015, 09:57:03 am »

HotTubLover57

Re: Old spa worth keeping
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 06:07:34 pm »
It sounds like you may have a pump that's beginning to fail. This will cause the low flow issues you mention. The first thing to do is determine if the pump is running when it should be. Try setting the tub on a filtration cycle. This should bring the pump onto low speed for a period of time. Check and see if the pump starts and stops, or otherwise operates in a peculiar manner. If it does not function properly, it's likely that you'll need a replacement pump assembly. If the pack isn't sending out voltage to the pump when a filtration cycle is called upon, then it would likely be an issue with the control system.

I had a similar issue with my old hot tub and I found free technical support through Spadepot and they walked me through it.

Kev B

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 12:36:56 pm »
 I just put in a brand new control system for an old Sundance. The shell and frame were good, and he liked the jet configuration. The pillows were bad and very expensive to replace so we got him some after market ones and then installed a cover lifter. This guy is very happy and has saved thousands.

SpaMom75

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 08:24:25 pm »
How much does a new control system or pump cost?

HotTubLover57

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 04:24:23 pm »
Control systems (depending on what they need) $299-$459. Some spa packs are more expensive, but usually not over $459. Pumps $200-$300 depending on horse power.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 04:24:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42