What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Marquis Reward owner  (Read 4145 times)

Oskar

• 2003 Marquis Reward
New Marquis Reward owner
« on: July 09, 2004, 09:57:45 am »
Well after about a year of research and shopping and wet testing I finally bought a 2003 Reward for $6800.00 with standard package of lifter, steps, delivery, set up and the start up chemicals plus the Marquis bucket of chemicals plus a 5lb. Container of shock and two extra Nature 2 sticks, so I have enough chemicals to last a while.

After going to a number of dealers that when I wet tested they turned on the tub and vanished, no explanation of controls or told me to play with them to see what they do, this does not include the dealers that had no tubs to test or only one, usually the high end model, the sales rep. at the Marquis dealer had me sit in each seat and show me how it worked with each control and then asked me what body parts I have injured that cause me problems and then told me where to sit for each injury to get the most out of the tub, this along with my impression that this is a quality made tub and the price was better than I was getting on less quality tubs sold me.

Said I would buy it and set up delivery time, no money changed hands and was not asked for any till after set up. Tub was delivered at around 11 am, had electric connected by 12:30 and it was up and running. Sales rep. came around 3 and added start up chemicals and explained maintenance of tub to me and checked out that all was working well and left around 4. Tub was at 90 degrees at that time, warm enough for a soak but waited for my wife who knew nothing about getting a tub delivered, she has a sauna and has, correction had no interest in a tub and told me to get whatever I wanted when I asked her to come with me to wet test tubs.

Had a soak last night and wife thinks it is super and so do I.

Have to thank the members of this board and other boards for there knowledge of hot tubs to help me make what I consider a good purchase.

Thank to you all.

Hot Tub Forum

New Marquis Reward owner
« on: July 09, 2004, 09:57:45 am »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: New Marquis Reward owner
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 10:07:16 am »
Congrats on your new tub. Bet the sauna will get less use and tub more.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 10:54:43 am »
enjoy your spa....congatulations...

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 12:18:01 pm »
May you always have hot, bubbly water!!!

Congratulations, you deserve a good soak after that much research!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 01:02:57 pm »
Yeah!  CONGRATS!  Doesn't it feel good to have made a choice!

Enjoy your tub!
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 01:32:21 pm »
Congratulations, Welcome to Spatopia!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 01:32:41 pm by ZzTop »

IonHeaven

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 01:14:57 pm »
Hi and Congratulations! I have been testing and researching tubs for too long now and am getting burned out. Today I hope to wet test the Marquis Reward. I currently am deciding between the Beachcomber 720X, the Hot Springs Sovergn and the HS Tiger River Caspian. This has become harder than buying a car, but this forum has helped me so much,

Any advice?

Thanks and enjoy,

IonHeaven

IonHeaven

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2004, 03:01:53 pm »
Well, I guess I won't be testing a Marquis today. This process is wearing me down. I wrote all about it in my message 'dealers not helping me purchase a hot tub'.

Any advice? Should I continue to persue the Marqui anyway from this dealer?

Thanks for any thoughts you can provide. IonHeaven

Oskar

• 2003 Marquis Reward
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 12:56:38 pm »
I would make the time to wet test the Marquis tubs, they were a 50 mile drive for me but after testing a lot of tubs and not finding any that fit me and felt good with their jet system, as I wanted therapy not just a pounding massage from jets I bought the Reward and am quite happy with it.

But take in consideration the dealers attitude and how they treat you BEFORE the sale, if they are short with your and don't want to answer your question no matter how ovious the answer is to them just think what it will be like after the sale.

Don't give up, it will be worth it in the end when you take your first soak under the stars.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 02:56:19 pm »
Ahhhh oooooo ahhhhh ooooooo. just got out of my spa.Marquis makes great spas too bad there are no Marquis in my area....Good luck and i am sure you will be very very happy with it.Jt ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 02:56:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42