What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Heaters - energy efficiency - best energy efficiet tub/brand  (Read 2691 times)

taigacarol

Are any brand heater better - yes, I am on the learning curve.  I need a spa for my hands and shoulder.  We just installed solar and don't really want to eat up all my sun power with the tub.  I will look through the threads and see what I can find as well.  We bought a used 2002 Caldera Geneva and it was using about 45kw a day - ouch.  My power bill DOUBLED!!   Not sure what is wrong but I refuse to pay that much to heat a spa.  This was in May - so it was not cold.  After one month I unplugged the heater ;(  I had it set at 102, but well insulated and a fairly new cover.

We don't really have any local dealers and can change any part on a spa ourselves.  This was a bigger spa than I was looking for anyhow - looking for a 3 or 4 person - advice?  THANKS!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:41:30 pm by taigacarol »

Hot Tub Forum

cburk

Re: Spa Heaters - energy efficiency - best energy efficiet tub/brand
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 09:07:02 am »
Go with hot springs. At my old house I had a 2006 vanguard 400 gallons and 6kw heater. I pay 10 cents per kilowatt and even in the dead of winter in Indiana my tub never cost me more than $20 per month. In summer the tub would add about $12 per month to my bill.

ryan5508

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 08:18:44 pm »
The hot springs dealer by me said that they will pay the electric bill for the hot tub if it ever goes over $30 a month. Not a bad deal.

taigacarol

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 08:58:54 pm »
The hot springs dealer by me said that they will pay the electric bill for the hot tub if it ever goes over $30 a month. Not a bad deal.
Nice!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 08:58:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42