What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Slime  (Read 2904 times)

tomk7015

Slime
« on: June 18, 2015, 01:37:03 pm »
The water in my tub is cloudy and the bottom and sides of the tub are very slimy soon after filling with fresh water.                I recently installed solar panels to heat the water in a portable, inflatable 200 gallon hot tub. The panels were used, copper tube type and I do not know if they had been used in a closed loop glycol heat exchange system or used water in the collectors. I had flushed the collectors before installing them and they heated the water quickly. I am wondering if they had been used in a glycol system that a residue has been left in the tubing and is now leaching into the tub water. I am disappointed and need to solve this so my electric bill stays reasonable. Any ideas?

Hot Tub Forum

Slime
« on: June 18, 2015, 01:37:03 pm »

Kev B

Re: Slime
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 12:53:58 pm »
 pretty admirable move to go solar with that low end, inflatable. American ingenuity at it's best. A 110v pump with an exchanger around the motor in the same style as Softub would have been pretty economical. Now that you have the solar, go ahead and run an entire bottle of pipe cleaner through it for a day, (Swirlaway is a good brand) Remove the cartridge beforehand and clean well and maybe use a pre-filter for fill-up. After draining the swirlaway water, I might even fill, run and drain again. Shock tub well on final start-up and if problems still occur, I have no idea what the heck to do at that point except do it all over again.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 04:12:07 pm »
Do you use a cover? Could it be stuff from the air? Pollen, small leaves and debri?

North of the mason dixion everybody uses glycol or other stuff (non freezing) for their solar systems. And it wouldn't be potable glycol. Better drain and rinse with a mild cleaner if you find out that's what it is.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 04:12:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42