What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is this amount of Foam normal?  (Read 3724 times)

Rubydo2

Is this amount of Foam normal?
« on: July 02, 2015, 05:29:09 pm »
The Spa is a Dr. Wellness G6 with both 6hp pumps running. It is only there for a few seconds after the motors are shut off and only when both pumps are on.
Thanks

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:38:21 pm by Rubydo2 »

Hot Tub Forum

« on: July 02, 2015, 05:29:09 pm »

Sam

Re: Is this amount of Foam normal?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 06:09:02 pm »
Yes, this amount of foam is quite common.  Foam comes from detergent residues in your suit and your skin and hair.  There are products to temporarily dissipate the foam, called foam down or foam eliminator.  They are available at any hot tub store. 

I usually recommend that you rinse your swim suits in the sink between putting them in the washer and dryer to get all of the detergent out.  Some people go as far as to rinse off before getting in the hot tub.  Too much work, imo.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 07:12:15 pm »
Yes, this amount of foam is quite common.  Foam comes from detergent residues in your suit and your skin and hair.  There are products to temporarily dissipate the foam, called foam down or foam eliminator.  They are available at any hot tub store. 

I usually recommend that you rinse your swim suits in the sink between putting them in the washer and dryer to get all of the detergent out.  Some people go as far as to rinse off before getting in the hot tub.  Too much work, imo.

True, its the detergent residue in suits along with skin lotions/sunblock, shampoo residual in hair, makeup... all that crap people bring in the spa. Rinsing only on suits helps for sure and asking Elvira to take a shower before she drags all her beauty products into the spa helps as well but you can only do so much policing. If you use a defoamer I'd recommend trying to scoop some of the "suds" out first and the next day after applying it give the filters a good rinse off.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Rubydo2

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 07:22:19 pm »
Thanks for the fast response, I wasn't sure if this was normal or not. Since it dissipates within a few seconds after the jets are turned off it would be hard to scoop it out. We are on well water here but it is really good water and clear as a crystal when still. I had no problem getting the water conditioned. 
Thanks again

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 07:23:19 pm »
Thanks for the fast response, I wasn't sure if this was normal or not. Since it dissipates within a few seconds after the jets are turned off it would be hard to scoop it out. We are on well water here but it is really good water and clear as a crystal when still. I had no problem getting the water conditioned. 
Thanks again

Scoop it out when the jets are on.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Rubydo2

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 07:35:24 pm »
Duh, Why didn't I think of that. LOL!!  :-\

Please give me alittle extra slack due to my advanced age of 74.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:37:28 pm by Rubydo2 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 07:35:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42