What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Narrowed Down - Please help with advice  (Read 15077 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Narrowed Down - Please help with advice
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 11:00:18 am »
I agree, ver misleading

We'll probably go with the bullfrog R7.  I like the Caldera Geneva, too.  Both dealers are less than 30 miles and reputable.  The main decision point is the price, Caldera is a little more than $500 than the bullfrog. For the most part, feature by feature, is very comparable.

The price difference is pretty minimal when you consider whichever one you purchase will be with you for the next decade plus. Take your time deciding and go with whichever your gut tells you is the better spa for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 11:00:18 am »

sjones145

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 08:13:59 am »
Thanks.  We haven't purchased yet.  The R7L is still in contention along sides of Caldera Geneva, Niagara and possibly a Sundance Optima or Cameo.  I've put more thought into this purchase than an automobile.  It's very confusing on which way to go.  I feel that dealers are offering fair market pricing.  Just want to make sure we are making the right choice in terms of quality, jets, size, lounge vs no lounge, etc

So still looking

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 12:22:40 pm »
Thanks.  We haven't purchased yet.  The R7L is still in contention along sides of Caldera Geneva, Niagara and possibly a Sundance Optima or Cameo.  I've put more thought into this purchase than an automobile.  It's very confusing on which way to go.  I feel that dealers are offering fair market pricing.  Just want to make sure we are making the right choice in terms of quality, jets, size, lounge vs no lounge, etc

So still looking

Price aside, do you prefer the Caldera to the Bullfrog?  If so, see if you can get them to drop a little.  Remember, the Caldera includes the sub panel you need for wiring, lowering your install cost.  Makes the prices almost the same.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

sjones145

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 12:55:22 pm »
Yes, actually.  I do prefer the Caldera
Like the aesthetics and also very comfortable with the dealer (30+years with solid reputation)

Heard from Sundance dealer via email and he states I'm comparing Chevy to Cadillac when it comes to Sundabce vs caldera.  So price point doesn't seen it will be in line with what I'm wanting

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 01:38:00 pm »
Yes, actually.  I do prefer the Caldera
Like the aesthetics and also very comfortable with the dealer (30+years with solid reputation)

Heard from Sundance dealer via email and he states I'm comparing Chevy to Cadillac when it comes to Sundabce vs caldera.  So price point doesn't seen it will be in line with what I'm wanting

Is the Sundance guy calling himself to the Chevy of the Caddy lol? Of course he's going to say his brand is better, that's just salesmanship and there's nothing really wrong with that. In reality both those brands are well thought of so any time a salesman talks down the competition just ignore that part and try to steer him back to talking about his brand and its merits rather than why another brand is inferior.

Its all about the wet test results, what kind of deal you are getting (and what is included in that deal), comfort with the dealer, getting a brand that is well backed by a well regarded manufacturer... and certainly aesthetics come into play too. Of course if you're a married man you also want to flat out ask the wife which one she really wants!!!  ;)

sjones145

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 02:03:15 pm »
Funny
I am the wife and my husband is doing good and just come along for the ride :-)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 02:19:21 pm »
Funny
I am the wife and my husband is doing good and just come along for the ride :-)

Good to see the decision is in the right hands!  ;) :D

sjones145

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 05:55:51 pm »
any comments on the Hot Spot (Relay, Tempo) vs the Caldera and BullFrog?  I did like the Sundance -- the 680 series would be $10.5K plus tax

sjones145

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 10:45:03 pm »
Ok, I'm driving myself crazy with investigating spas and probably the readers on this forum :)

I opened a can of worms by visiting a Sundance dealer today and talking to a Hot Springs dealer.  The Sundance 780 series price point is $1k over caldera utopia series.  The Hot Springs dealer is suggesting that I go with the Hot Spots line.

My gut is telling me to go with Caldera (vs bullfrog) because of the dealer reputation and longevity of being in business.  I'm very comfortable with both the sales and tech department.  The main con:  my kids did a wet test on a caldera Cantabrigians model and thought they 'hurt' versus the bullfrog

I plan to go tomorrow and wet est the Cantabrigians model, hoping they can dial,down the jets and not have the numbing sensation that my kiddos described. 

Then, final decision of niagara (semi-lounge) vs geneva

Bullfrog dealer seems willing to do what he can do as well

If I'm appearing overly cautious and annoying, just think of what my family is feeling ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2015, 07:29:51 am »
Ok, I'm driving myself crazy with investigating spas and probably the readers on this forum :)...............
If I'm appearing overly cautious and annoying, just think of what my family is feeling ;)

You're in control, sounds like your doing it right, once you make the decision there will be less doubt and you'll start out on the right foot. I've done this twice and felt better the 2nd time doing it this way.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

sjones145

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 02:48:32 pm »
So glad I continued with looking... Saw hot springs today with my kids.  Highlife series is too pricey but the limelight pulse and flair...  Loved it, especially the Pulse.  Quoted $10.3k without salt system but includes steps, cover, delivery, etc.  this is definitely the first choice, 2nd would be Sundance Chelsea followed by caldera than bullfrog

So does 10k seem about right for the pulse?

richierich

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 04:36:38 pm »
I don't know about the price of the pulse but the chelsea should go for less than 10k. Around 8k to 9k probably. It seemed to be a great tub and was one I was interested in but ultimately I got a good deal on an optima. I did wet test the caldera niagara and liked it alot but I couldn't negotiate as good a deal. It seems like you are comparing  second level tubs from hot springs and sundance and top level spas from caldera, any one of them would be an excellent choice as long as they are within your budget and you love your wet test.

sjones145

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 05:40:07 pm »
The process you guys outline on this forum really works.  Both dealers are now willing to move, a bit.  Sundance offering 1 year of free chemicals, free cover lifter.  I hope we will have a decision by early next week.  So, through all this research, I think I will feel good about the purchase.  Both seem like great spas - Chelsee & Pulse.

Thank you for your advice!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 06:41:16 pm »
You will be happy with either of those. To bad you couldn't throw Marquis and Jacuzzi in the mix.
Retired

sjones145

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 09:19:23 pm »
right;  I actually did visit a Marquis dealer a couple of weeks ago;  pleasant but they were honest and said we were outside their service area

Jacuzzi not too far from me -- just wasn't too comfortable w/dealer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 09:19:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42