What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Time Buyer: Passionspas vs Hydropool - Advice Please!  (Read 6579 times)

lemonfly

Hello  :)
Had a wet test in Passsionspas The Pleasure which was very relaxing and enjoyable.

Trying to decide between Passionspas & Hydropool Serenity 6000 Platinum.
Latter we will wet test on Saturday.

Anybody have any experience with either? 
Main purpose for buying hot tub is for hydrotherapy to relieve pain in joints etc

Would be grateful for any information especially regarding ordering parts & aftercare service.

Hot Tub Forum

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: First Time Buyer: Passionspas vs Hydropool - Advice Please!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 07:29:50 am »
Hello  :)
Had a wet test in Passsionspas The Pleasure which was very relaxing and enjoyable.

Trying to decide between Passionspas & Hydropool Serenity 6000 Platinum.
Latter we will wet test on Saturday.

Anybody have any experience with either? 
Main purpose for buying hot tub is for hydrotherapy to relieve pain in joints etc

Would be grateful for any information especially regarding ordering parts & aftercare service.

Welcome to the forum!  I personally have no experience with either, which isn't meant as any kind of commentary.  ;)  I'm sure others will be along to weigh in. I hope you will hang around and let us know what you do.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Superted

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 08:36:11 am »
I used this site a lot when getting out first Hot tub a few weeks ago. We are based in UK.

I have registered just so I can reply to your message!

We ended up with a Passion Spa - we tried the Pleasure (and several others in the same range) but ended up getting the 5 person Solace.  There seemed very little reviews or feed back out there for Passion Spas which made the process a bit of a leap of faith!

We also looked at Hot Springs (because they were the other dealer nearby).  They seemed considerably more than the Passion Spas but I couldn't see where the extra thousand of pounds were going.

We are very happy with the Passion Solace. Has UV and ozone - great jets and I really like the fountain and lights.  Yet to get first electricity bill but hopefully running costs are reasonable.

It heats up fast and seems to retain heat very well in use.  (We have it set a bit lower for the kids (37 C) and then crank it up to 39 or 40 C for the grownups in the evening.

I think the pumps and control system (Balboa?) are all quite standard across the industry but our dealer seems to have all the spare parts you can ever need.

I can't comment on the other brand (not sure we have in UK) but certainly happy to recommend the passion range.

Happy hunting!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:09:00 am by Superted »

lemonfly

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 06:49:23 pm »
Thanks for the advice Superted! Also looking at Exclusive or Luxury range made by Passionspas as they have extra massage therapy options.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 07:55:52 pm »
Remember more pumps/HP/Jets means more cost to operate. Think about what you are going to be doing in the hot tub more than anything. Might be soaking without and pumps running on anything but low?
Retired

Superted

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 09:17:15 am »
I am not sure Passion Spas call it luxury and exclusive range in UK.

We tried the Ecstatic (with a "levitation bed") but couldn't see any particular therapeutic advantage.  It was also bigger than our space really allowed.

I didn't wet test it but we sat in their "Joy" model which was a decent size but had no lounger. 

They all seemed well made. My electrician (who took care of the house wiring) had a look in side the tub and agreed it was well put together.

(PS - I have just amended my original post - I could not see where the extra money was in the Hot Springs model - I had missed the "not" out!!)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 09:17:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42