What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealer Integrity?  (Read 2904 times)

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
Dealer Integrity?
« on: July 13, 2004, 02:25:19 am »
This sort of goes along with the post about dealers not being helpful.  I visited several dealers, HS, Royal, Emerald and the Watsons store.  I haven't visited all spa dealers in my area yet, but I'll get to them. It did seam like each sales person enjoyed degrading their competitors (the product and/or the dealership).  Some did it worse than others.  The best part was when I asked them which brand would they sell if they weren't selling their current brand.  Talk about the - dear in the headlight look!   Only one gave me an answer that was honest in my opinion and that was the Emerald dealer.

Speaking of Emerald, I sent them an e-mail and received a quick reply that answered my questions.  So it seems that customer service is high on their list.

I'd like your folks opinion on this.  It seems Emerald uses a wooden base vs a plastic/resin pan on others.  It appears to be 3/4" or greater plywood.  This is the response I received when I asked why.

--- We feel more comfortable with the wolmanize base.  
#1 it gives us a sound bottom that has proven over decades that it works and it doesn't break down.  #2 it is a great sound absorber to keep our power systems running quitely. If you were told something by a competitor I would love to address that direct quote.  Again I assert that Wolmanized plywood has been used for decades.  Over the last few years many manufacturers have gone with plastic for 1 primary reason.  IT IS CHEAPER THAN WOOD!  If they are trying to spin another tale as to why they chose to go with a plastic material over wolmanized lumber I'd be interested to hear what story they've come up with.  Last time I checked Floors and walls in homes are made with lumber not plastic.

Again, Emerald could switch to plastic tomorrow to save $$ - but unfortunately our tests have shown a higher decibal level as the drawback for doing so.  At Emerald we never sacrifice quality for money.  It's just a bad practice and a siren trying to lead us into our own destruction.  ---

I did tell them that I just started this hot tub endeavor and that I haven't wet tested anyones yet.

This was his reply, "Please feel free to sit in and try out one of our spas.  Together with the construction I'm up for anyone's challenge that they make a better and more satisfying spa than ours."

Thanks again
r100rs

Hot Tub Forum

Dealer Integrity?
« on: July 13, 2004, 02:25:19 am »

Gerrym

Re: Dealer Integrity?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 02:59:44 am »
From my limited experience, HS cares what it's customers thinks and responds accordingly.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 09:16:07 am »
From my limited experience, HS cares what it's customers thinks and responds accordingly.

I would also say the same about Sundance. But I also recognize the fact that some dealers (even ones that are associated with major brands) trash their competitors and their products. Which in the end is a disservice to the client.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 09:16:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42