What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Timer: Need advice Sundance VS Hotspring  (Read 6796 times)

Melw1028

First Timer: Need advice Sundance VS Hotspring
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:50:41 pm »
I'm a first time buyer and have way too many questions for tub owners but the most important one right now is that I am looking at Sundance and Hot Spring. My husband told me I was nuts and that the Grandee was too expensive at $20-25k but so is the Aspen. He told me to go with the Sundance Optima or Limelight Pulse. Of course, it's my decision anyway  but I just wanted some input on which of the two would you recommend and why. We live in Houston and the Hot Spring dealers prices for the limelight series were comparable with the Sundance 880 series. Price for Aspen w/o Stereo was $17,400.  Is this a bad price for the Aspen? And No....I have not yet had a chance to wet test either.

Hot Tub Forum

First Timer: Need advice Sundance VS Hotspring
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:50:41 pm »

dishdude

Re: First Timer: Need advice Sundance VS Hotspring
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 06:34:35 pm »
Those prices are insane!  No way a Grandee is a $20k tub, more like $13k! I paid $11k for an Envoy.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:36:39 pm by dishdude »

Melw1028

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 06:48:05 pm »
Thanks for the reply, dishdude. I'm about ready to say forget this whole process and build an in ground one as I feel like everyone is price gouging. It's frustrating. Before electrical hook up and slab prep, can anyone tell what a reasonable price would be for the highlife series or 880 series? And which way should I lean, Sundance or Hot Spring ? Or neither and go with another line?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:55:32 pm by Melw1028 »

atvracer

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 08:58:10 pm »
I'm in the same boat i just got back from 2 dealers hot spring looking at the envoy and the sundance 880 cameo the envoy with the salt and sound $12500 and the cameo with sound 10k I'm leaning to the cameo it just fills better

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 09:35:20 pm »
Where do you live?

seabeece2

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 11:21:36 pm »
I recently purchased a Sundance optima for 13 k with stereo, cover , delivered, startups and all that good stuff, from what I have heard it all comes down to wet test and which model fits your needs.

dishdude

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:18 am »
When I was out shopping, I found that many dealers were snakes and it's very difficult to determine if you're getting a fair deal or not. Each manufacturer only sells to one dealer in each area, so if you find a particular brand you like you're pretty much stuck with the dealer in that territory that sells them.

If you're not getting the warm fuzzes from your local dealers, don't discount Costco if you're handy and able to figure things out on your own. Even if you buy through a local dealer, don't think you're going to get accurate info or hands held through the setup and ownership experience.

I bought a Hot Spring because I liked the tub itself, but honestly I am not sure it's any better than what I could have got from Costco. It's kinda like buying a Bose stereo when a Sony is half the price and does pretty much the same thing.   

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 06:45:11 am »
They may seem the same now but 6-8 years down the road when the Costco tub is being disposed of and the HS or Sundance are still like new you will know the difference.
Retired

atvracer

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 08:21:04 am »
 I'm getting the cameo with sound and the Icontrols made a great deal it has a little scratch on the backside from shipping got it for 8500 shipped and install 

Melw1028

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 07:07:35 am »
I really appreciate everyone's input. It is indeed frustrating, as each brand and local area  has only one dealer. Even with the Memorial Day sale, they still wanted  14,600 for the Optima with stereo and 16,400 for the Sundance Aspen or Maxxus without the stereo. Am I being unrealistic or are these prices still too high? as I mentioned- I live in the Houston area. The stereo option is 1200.00 so the Optima would be 13,400. Is this about right ?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 03:23:45 pm »
I really appreciate everyone's input. It is indeed frustrating, as each brand and local area  has only one dealer. Even with the Memorial Day sale, they still wanted  14,600 for the Optima with stereo and 16,400 for the Sundance Aspen or Maxxus without the stereo. Am I being unrealistic or are these prices still too high? as I mentioned- I live in the Houston area. The stereo option is 1200.00 so the Optima would be 13,400. Is this about right ?

From what I've seen recently an Optima (no stereo) is usually in the 12-13k range...there should be room for negotiating at that price imo...the Aspen or Maxxus I haven't seen an accurate price on in awhile but I would assume that to be on the high side as well

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 07:48:57 pm »
Skip the stereo and get a couple outdoor speakers. Blue tooth.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 07:48:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42