What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leaking Hot Springs  (Read 1781 times)

STLMike

Leaking Hot Springs
« on: May 19, 2015, 12:09:12 pm »
New guy here..
I just got a free 99 Hot Springs Sovereign. Aesthetically, it's in great shape. The cabinet, the shell are immaculate. Inside is another story as it has multiple leaks. One I've located at the back left corner at a T-fitting which I fixed with Plast-aid (love that stuff). The light lens seems to be leaking a little and there is a bad leak somewhere on the right side. My guess is that someone let it freeze.

My question is are there any other parts of these that are prone to leaking?.

Hot Tub Forum

Leaking Hot Springs
« on: May 19, 2015, 12:09:12 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: Leaking Hot Springs
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 12:52:49 pm »
New guy here..
I just got a free 99 Hot Springs Sovereign. Aesthetically, it's in great shape. The cabinet, the shell are immaculate. Inside is another story as it has multiple leaks. One I've located at the back left corner at a T-fitting which I fixed with Plast-aid (love that stuff). The light lens seems to be leaking a little and there is a bad leak somewhere on the right side. My guess is that someone let it freeze.

My question is are there any other parts of these that are prone to leaking?.

I'm not sure there is anything on that right side to point to that is especially susceptible to freezing. On the light lens there is a kit that a HS dealer will have for a retrofit of that lens so in the future you can just replace the lens if ever needed again.

STLMike

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 01:49:13 pm »
Thanks for chiming in. I'll just continue digging until I find it. I filled it and was losing an inch + overnight so it's a substantial leak.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 01:49:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42