What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi dealer lost a potential sale.  (Read 4466 times)

Coleman

Jacuzzi dealer lost a potential sale.
« on: May 14, 2015, 01:23:30 am »
In my quest for a hot tub  I have narrowed it down to 2 hot tubs. the 1st was the J-235 and the 2nd Hotspot Tempo. Its what both of us liked an in our budget, I have been reading everything I can about these 2 tubs and to be a educated buyer. I had a chance to stop buy the Jacuzzi dealer this morning after a eye doctor app to get my tap water tested and to ask a lot of questions. I got to the store with notebook in hand and stated asking the young kid questions first thing he told me was the price for the J-235 $6117 (that is cheaper then 2 months ago when we stopped by, but they had a 10% off sale going on). After a few more questions the poor kid had no answers for me and had to refer me to another guy I told him I was looking at other tubs. he knew allitle bit more then the kid after a few more questions he got a phone call and turned the questions back over to the young kid, after a few more questions the kid didn't know the answers I was looking for(Not blaming the Kid) I got the other guy back for more questions and he said I was asking a lot of tuff questions that his sales manager could answer them better. The Hot tub only came with a cover and $40 of chemicals. steps was extra $40 covermate  lifter 1 for $200 covermate 3 for $400-600. Warranty travel fee $63hr plus $.40 per mile I asked about working with me on that no he said. He could not tell me where everything was made at he knew some of it was from mexico. I was fine with a lot of the answers that he gave me.
 It all came down to the last question of the day. I want to WET TEST the j-235 He said sure he had 2 tubs set up for wet testing, I wanted to wet test the J-235.  What he said was the final decision of the day! "I wont hook up every hot tub just for a someone to do a  wet test of the model they want". I thanked him for his time and walked out the DOOR!!!
 This is going to be my 1st hot tub I want to make sure it is right for the wife and I. I didn't even get to ask What the Dealer was going to do for me, Oh well on to the Hotspot dealer I know that he wants my business and will fill the tempo up for us.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi dealer lost a potential sale.
« on: May 14, 2015, 01:23:30 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi dealer lost a potential sale.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 09:25:17 am »
 That's too bad. If your really interested and can ignore what happened between the 2 by the sounds if it "rookie sales kids" you might talk to the owner/sales manager and see what they say.    I think what he said at the end could have been said differently and achieved possibly a better outcome.   

gizmodo

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 09:46:31 am »
Maybe I am too picky, but I don't excuse sales people for not knowing their product.  This is what they do, they better be able to answer my questions about the product they are selling, especially when they only carry one or two brands.  If not, I'll go somewhere else.

Quickbeam

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 11:22:22 am »
Yes, that is too bad. Jacuzzi makes a good tub (we have the J-345) but totally agree that having a good dealer you can trust is a very big factor in the purchasing decision.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 10:17:30 pm »

He could not tell me where everything was made at he knew some of it was from mexico.

You're kidding, right? Ok, so the covers were made in Mexico, does that answer that aspect of the question? If it does, well, then it really doesn't matter, because different aspect of the covers come from multiple other countries around the world. Even if the cover was made in the USA, most of the materials in the cover, came from overseas. How about where the pump is "made"? Kind of the same thing. Different parts and different aspect of the pump can come from all corners of the world, and yet, the pump can still be labeled Made in The USA. I actually know of a manufacturer the imports ALL the parts for their product in bulk, from china, packages everything individual, and puts a Made in USA label on it.....and surprise, almost no one knows this (or the product)

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Coleman

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 02:41:24 am »
I don't blame the young kid, he seemed like the kid with a job that does all the crappy jobs, Now the guy I talked to was middle aged and looked like a beach bum. Maybe after all my questions he figured out I wasn't a easy sale and couldn't bs me or he was the parts guy that fixes the tubs? I might call the sales manager later on after I see the hot spot dealer. I know the hot springs dealer had min of 4 tubs filled and had a nice show room, he was a lot more pleasant to deal with, he also had a younger guy helping him when I asked him a few questions he told me right up he was the wrong guy to talk to. I have to be comfortable with the dealer that I pick, everything that I have read on this forum says the dealer is a very important aspect of buying a Hot Tub.

Dr.Spa, I do realize that a lot of stuff is made in different parts of the world, I want to know where is made at and how knowledgeable the sales person is about the product that they are selling, It shows me how well they know the hot tub or are the just quoting the brochure! Being that this is going to be my first hot tub I want to know everything about it from top to bottom inside and out so I know what to expect years down the road.
The china/made in usa thing bothers me very much I am in manufacturing for the past 27yrs and have seen a lot of the Chinese built products that are not worth spit. the company that I work for in the future getting all of its castings and machine work from china, that means sometime in the near future I am out of a job and more profit to the new owner. Its a world wide product, but has lost several of the big customers from the china thing and the quality of the end product is going down hill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 02:41:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42