What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub troubles  (Read 1968 times)

Bkp

hot tub troubles
« on: May 30, 2015, 06:56:14 pm »
New to the forum but looked like lots of great information shared here.
I have a hit tub issue hopefully someone can help me with. Started out the pump would just hum. Called spa tech and after several hundred bucks they tell me pump is shot. I ordered one myself and decided to do the work. Wired it up correctly. Even sent pics to the pump manufacturers technician.  He agreed it was all good to go. Turned it on and nothing. Checked all fuses in mother board as well as power to mother board. Then I unhooked pump and checked for power at the pump wires. Nothing. Tech said there is an issue with circuit board. These things are pricey so wondered if any advice on what to check with regards to the lack of power to the pump. Not sure if it is a bad Zettler relay or if they even have anything to do with that. Or how to even test the relay. Or am I looking in the wrong area on the board. Id rather replace a $5.00 part as opposed to $400 board if I can. Alewady into it for a pump and the spa technician's crazy fee. Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub troubles
« on: May 30, 2015, 06:56:14 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: hot tub troubles
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 08:00:08 pm »
 I would confirm the pump does run by hooking it direct to 220v assuming it's a 220v motor.   If it runs, then need to confirm you have 220 running to the system.  My guess would be a bad board, but it could be a bad temp sensor and the system is not calling for heat again assuming it's a no circ pump spa and it uses a 2 spd to heat the water.     Then call the tech you paid to check it out and tell him you want your money back or come and figure the problem out. 

What brand spa is it and what equipment is in it?

Bkp

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 09:23:55 pm »
Its a Durasport spa with a Waterway 34206101A pump and a Balboa VS501Z-PN 54379-03 heater/control panel. It's a brand new pump. Just got it. The last pump was "dead" per the tech because all it would do is hum. This one does nothing. Im guessing something bad on the circuit board but would like to troubleshoot it versus buying a whole new one if it is a simple cheap relay

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 09:23:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42