What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time hot tuber owners  (Read 5746 times)

TammyChristopher

First time hot tuber owners
« on: May 11, 2015, 12:15:55 pm »
Hi all. My husband and I are looking to purchase our first hot tub.  We are avid mountain bikers and he has a lot of back issues and I have very bad knees. We've been in a few while on vacations and things and they seem to help both of us substantially. So we are looking to make a purchase.  We visited our local dealer and really seemed to favor the Jacuzzi J-275 with the lounger.  We have not done a wet test yet though. Anyone familiar with this model that can offer some opinions? Also any other suggestions or recommendations would be great. Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

First time hot tuber owners
« on: May 11, 2015, 12:15:55 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: First time hot tuber owners
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 12:50:35 pm »
Nice large spa at a nice price, I would defiantly wet test if you can.  The 275 has a lot of room for a lounge type spa.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 12:58:06 pm »
Hi all. My husband and I are looking to purchase our first hot tub.  We are avid mountain bikers and he has a lot of back issues and I have very bad knees. We've been in a few while on vacations and things and they seem to help both of us substantially. So we are looking to make a purchase.  We visited our local dealer and really seemed to favor the Jacuzzi J-275 with the lounger.  We have not done a wet test yet though. Anyone familiar with this model that can offer some opinions? Also any other suggestions or recommendations would be great. Thanks in advance!

You're on the right track, just visit your local dealers and wet test your favorite spas from the dealers you trust the most.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TammyChristopher

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 12:59:56 pm »
We were given a cash price of $6,900 delivered for that model, does that sound fair/average?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 02:06:56 pm »
Right where we are  ;)

TammyChristopher

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 03:33:31 pm »
Thanks for the replies, Sorry for all the questions but I have another one  :) We are really excited to get this but aren't exactly in a rush so is there a better time of year to purchase as far getting the best deal? We really would like to have it by September/October so just debating on when to do it between now and then. Thanks again!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 04:55:30 pm »
  Lot of fairs going on at that time, sometimes you can get deals.   Best route for the fair goer is shop for what you want, get a price then come in on the last day of the fair and see if that's their best price if you offer cash right now.   Just be prepared to say yes at that point.   It's your right to walk, but not fair to the dealer after working with you.   I have had it happen to me and it's bad to say, but I was not happy to see them walk back in the store a month later wanting me to match the fair deal I had given them   >:( 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 07:35:59 am »
Thanks for the replies, Sorry for all the questions but I have another one  :) We are really excited to get this but aren't exactly in a rush so is there a better time of year to purchase as far getting the best deal? We really would like to have it by September/October so just debating on when to do it between now and then. Thanks again!

Welcome to the forum. As a marathoner with recent spinal fusion surgery, I feel your pain.  This is probably a good investment for you. I've had my tub(s) 12 years now.  As for a best time to buy, I don't know that there really is any. My train of thought has always been look around, when a dealer sees you for the 2nd and 3rd time they know your serious.  That is when it is the best time to buy.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

kingdarb

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 07:47:27 am »
My back and hip bug me alot from years of lifting and brazilian jiu jitsu/wrestling.   My wife and I recently bought a tub and it does help.  We went with a bullfrog (the R6 model).  Test a few brands to see what you like.  What we really liked about the bullfrog is that you can pick the jetpack that you want, which means that you can get whatever jet configuration provides the best therapy for you.  And you can switch them around easily, which is also great.  So far we are very happy with it...

silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 04:36:14 pm »
I believe its important to find the right dealer. Unfortunately sometimes that doesn't come until after the fact.

When my Wife & I bought our first tub (Used) from a dealer where her Son's friend was sales guy there. I was not satisfied with the direction they were taking me with water care as many times I would open the lid and find "surprises" in my water.

So I started going to another dealer with my water & they were very helpful, professional & personal. And my water has been clear every time since I've started going to them. And because of their service I ended up buying a new tub from them. Today I buy all my chemicals from them. Even if they are a bit expensive over other retailers. I want to see them stay in business.

My tub sits on my patio slab behind my house/garage so its a bit slanted to keep rain away from the house. Dealer One came out & just plopped the tub down. Dealer two shimmed every thing up so the tub is level.

What time of year? Why wait? Start enjoying your tub as soon as you can I have knee problems right now & it is so nice to sit in for relief. I've also found that Wisconsin winters are not so long anymore when you can sit outside & enjoy them.

I've found a lot of folks don't like lounge in their tub @ least the ones I've talked to. For me its my favorite spot!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:58:48 pm by silverbullet »

TammyChristopher

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 09:14:09 pm »
Thank you all so much for the tips! I really appreciate it. I think we are going to visit a few more dealers, we only have a few in our area. We will get a good feel for who we want to work with and go from there. My Dad is a contractor so he is going to help us with the slab, which is a big help. I'm also glad to hear that they are helping all of you that also have knee/back issues.  We are both so excited and our sore muscles can not wait to get this thing in place :)

Sam

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 03:00:24 pm »

My tub sits on my patio slab behind my house/garage so its a bit slanted to keep rain away from the house. Dealer One came out & just plopped the tub down. Dealer two shimmed every thing up so the tub is level.

Fyi, you aren't supposed to shim a hot tub.  Most manufacturers require uniform support underneath the spa or it can void your warranty.

gizmodo

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 03:42:59 pm »

Fyi, you aren't supposed to shim a hot tub.  Most manufacturers require uniform support underneath the spa or it can void your warranty.
It took some convincing to get the guy doing my concrete to do a level area.  He thought you could just shim it until I showed him the instructions that list the 25 points on the tub that need to be supported.  Plus, the gap from leveling would have bothered me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 03:42:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42