What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Time Buyers, Confused...  (Read 6760 times)

Inquisitions

First Time Buyers, Confused...
« on: May 12, 2015, 06:59:00 pm »
Hey all,

The wife and I are in the market for a hot tub.  We don't really know anything about them, but after stopping at a local dealer are more confused than ever.  First, we live in NJ, so we stopped at the local dealer who only sells Nordic brand. 

Not knowing much, I kindly accepted the information on the models they had available and started doing some research. 

It seems to me that the major players are jacuzzi, hotsprings, and bullfrog.  We are in the market for a 6 person tub.  From the little research I've done, I like the looks of the j275, and haven't found that many compatible models by the other vendors (I'm sure I'm missing them)..

Any advice or recommendations are always appreciated.  Anything I should be looking for?

Thanks,

Jon

Hot Tub Forum

First Time Buyers, Confused...
« on: May 12, 2015, 06:59:00 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: First Time Buyers, Confused...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 07:24:09 pm »
It seems to me that the major players are jacuzzi, hotsprings, and bullfrog. 
Jon

This is not true. There are several major players a couple you listed here. Some of us hold other brands higher than any of those you mentioned based on reputation, manufacturer backing, among other things. What other brands are in your area? Have you visited all the dealers in your area? If you left a dealer confused you should find another dealer and see if your still confused. Once you find a GOOD dealer you may be less confused.
Retired

silverbullet

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 08:32:42 pm »
I just got a GR8 buy on a new left over 2014 Hot Spot Relay. Cover with EZ lift, Ozoneator, & My tub didn't cone with any music so I also ordered the blue tooth setup for it with subwolfer. All said & done around $7.200.

The Relay performs well & the difference between the Relay to Rythm is the Relay has a lounger which is my favorite spot.

+1 on finding a GOOD Dealer!

Inquisitions

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 04:31:28 am »
Ok, thanks.  The 2 dealers I've been to so far only sold Nordic, and caldera tubs.  Both didn't seem very knowledgeable. 

I don't need things like BT speakers etc, what I'm looking for is a solid tub without the electronics/bells and whistles.

What mechanical features should I be looking for?  I've seen people say ozonator, and certain filtering systems, but again I'm clueless..

Thanks.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 06:49:26 am »
How many people are in your family?  I ask because you are looking for a 6 person tub.   One one hand what the industry calls a 6 person tub frequently seats 4-5 comfortably.    On the other hand new buyers tend to think all their friends and family will be over every night.  Our first tub seated 5-6 and 90% of the time it was 3 of us.  Then my daughter grew up and moved out and then it was 2 of us.  My next tub was a 4-5 person tub that held 100 gallons less. Heats faster and cheaper.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

flava flav

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 09:35:39 am »
Falva is in NJ boyeee. Just bought a Sundance McKinley from Pelican Shops.  They have been great.  Stop by if you live near one.

Inquisitions

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 05:08:03 pm »
We plan on having 2-4 at most times but could always have more.  Does anyone have comparisons for the hotsprings pulse vs jacuzzi j345 /365.  How much am I potentially looking at for these models? 

I talked with an HS dealer and it seems to be around 10k for the pulse, and the jacuzzis seem on par & cheaper as well. 

Thanks

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 05:51:38 pm »
Is there D1 or Marquis around?
Retired

Inquisitions

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 07:53:22 pm »
Yes there is a d1 spa dealer very close by.  Marquis, not so much.  Why do you ask?

Inquisitions

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 08:16:19 pm »
Also, I guess I should include a price point as well.  I'm not really looking to be over 10k for the entire project.  I think I should be ok with the 345, but what am I looking at out the door?  It seems to range from low to mid 7's to mid 8's, not leaving me a ton of room for electrics / leveling off my slab.

Thanks again for the advice!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 09:19:56 pm »
Yes there is a d1 spa dealer very close by.  Marquis, not so much.  Why do you ask?

Some of us hold those brands in higher regard than the ones you've mentioned. And you won't know until you look at them.
Retired

Inquisitions

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 09:26:20 pm »
Understood.  I like the look of the d1 nautilus.  It seems comparable to the j365 and the pulse.  Honestly at this point I'm just looking for which dealer gives me the best price.  I really have no ties to a vendor at this point.  I'm just looking for a nice tub, and some relaxation!

silverbullet

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 10:47:36 pm »
Also, I guess I should include a price point as well.  I'm not really looking to be over 10k for the entire project.  I think I should be ok with the 345, but what am I looking at out the door?  It seems to range from low to mid 7's to mid 8's, not leaving me a ton of room for electrics / leveling off my slab.

Thanks again for the advice!

To set up the electricity for my tub cost $420.00 alone just for the parts. Copper wire is very expensive these days. I had a friend wire it. He charged me $50.00.

gizmodo

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 09:49:32 am »
Understood.  I like the look of the d1 nautilus.  It seems comparable to the j365 and the pulse.  Honestly at this point I'm just looking for which dealer gives me the best price.  I really have no ties to a vendor at this point.  I'm just looking for a nice tub, and some relaxation!
In my opinion, this is a bad way to shop.  There's so much more to it than price alone.  I understand setting a budget, but that shouldn't be what you start shopping with.

Sam

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 03:04:09 pm »
  I like the look of the d1 nautilus. 

I'm a big fan of D1.  They build a great product and I was impressed with the company culture there.  They are definitely one of the top manufacturers in my opinion.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 03:04:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42