What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What spa control system should I buy?  (Read 1923 times)

Rs2-GTi

What spa control system should I buy?
« on: May 10, 2015, 10:14:47 am »
A friend of mine had a Sundance spa with fried electronics which he was about to throw away, so I got it for free. The air blower, heater and the circulation pump is still good. The two blower pumps, the panel and the control unit is not there anymore, because they were thrown away when my friend was going trough the system and throwing away what was fried.

My intention is to just use it as a outside hot tub with air blowers. But I need a control system! I have found systems like Gecko and United Spas, but I have no idea if one is better than the other. It needs to run 230v since I am in Europe.

What are my options? And could anyone recomend any of them?

Hot Tub Forum

What spa control system should I buy?
« on: May 10, 2015, 10:14:47 am »

Kev B

Re: What spa control system should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 10:34:59 am »
 Stay away from United Spas, they have issues with their topsides. I am retrofitting a Sundance spa with a Balboa control system next week. Be sure you know where the heater will line up and you have the proper control for your tub. (How many pumps? Blower? How many speeds on booster pump, etc.)

Rs2-GTi

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 05:30:58 pm »
Thanks for the reply! Sadly Balboa was twice the price, and this Sundance is a bit rough, so I am not looking to invest a lot of money into it. Both pumps are missing, but the heater, circulation pump og air blower is still good.

You don't happend to have a suggestion on what system I could use with the heater I have now? I could build one of my own, but not to keen with water and electricity...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 05:30:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42