What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help a retailor with the spa you would want them to carry  (Read 2717 times)

HTS

Help a retailor with the spa you would want them to carry
« on: May 08, 2015, 07:03:11 pm »
Hi folks, I've been selling spas for 20+ years. Retailors buy spas for basically the same reasons everyone else does. Price, features, warranty etc. Recently I've been handcuffed in wanting to serve my customer base in warranty issues. This greatly displeases me as my customers are what I make my living on and I believe them to be the greatest people on earth. I would like to hear what spa you like and why. That's way different than going to the trade shows where every spa you meet is the greatest spa ever built. I want to carry a new line. I doubt any of you know me or where my store is so I hope it's fair to ask. "Why did you buy what you bought?" and "Would you do it again?" My current line is Artesian. 

Hot Tub Forum

Help a retailor with the spa you would want them to carry
« on: May 08, 2015, 07:03:11 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help a retailor with the spa you would want them to carry
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 09:32:40 pm »
  Kinda need to know what spa brands are around you already.   

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 01:14:07 am »
We bought a Jacuzzi and really like it. The one brand that was not anywhere close to us, that I would have loved to have a look at was D1.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 02:50:31 pm »
"Recently I've been handcuffed in wanting to serve my customer base in warranty issues"

What the he#% does that mean?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 03:26:37 pm »
Ideally....just my .02 take it for what its worth

High End: 7k-16k Hot Spring, Jacuzzi/Sundance, Bullfrog
Price Points: 5k-7k LA Spas, maybe Artesian (not sure price points on those)
Loss Leader: something roto-molded you can knock out cash and carry down to $2,495 - $3,995 (some of the bigger manufacturers already have these options so it wouldn't be like you'd have to carry 3 lines

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 03:35:10 pm »
I carry Marquis and Nordic.  Have been extremely happy with both lines.  Customer service at both companies is great and their products hold up very well

silverbullet

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 05:05:09 pm »
My Dealer carries Marquis & Hot Springs. While I think Marquis is an excellent spa my pocket book won't allow it.

I ended up with a Hot Springs/Hot Spot Relay. When the service people were installing it they said that the tub I bought was in their words "is a tank" Its every bit as good as some of the higher end ones & they have the fewest service calls.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 05:05:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42