What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What main breaker load center?  (Read 2298 times)

Coleman

What main breaker load center?
« on: May 04, 2015, 05:33:33 am »
In a few weeks I am having my electrical guy come over and look at what its going to cost to tap into the main power line and drop into my garage with a 100 amp for the main breaker load box. I am wondering if there is any specific type that is most used or any that work better then others for a hot tub? The electric box is mainly going to be used for hot tub, lights and air compressor( I have to look at the amps on that one.) Is there anything else I need to consider as far as electrical goes?? I am going to run another line 110v with the wires for the hot tub for extras around the tub.
Thanks Coleman

Hot Tub Forum

What main breaker load center?
« on: May 04, 2015, 05:33:33 am »

Kev B

Re: What main breaker load center?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 09:58:30 am »
 Make sure they put a normal breaker in the garage sub-panel and a Spa Gfci breaker out by the hot tub somewhere in eye shot of the tub but no closer than 5 feet from waters edge.(Not sure what amperage you will need, your electrician will know, but 50 amps is normal for most 220v spas) Also, make it easy to disconnect the electrical in case it has to be moved in the future for repairs, etc. I like seal tight conduit going into the tub.

Coleman

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 12:29:39 am »
Make sure they put a normal breaker in the garage sub-panel and a Spa Gfci breaker out by the hot tub somewhere in eye shot of the tub but no closer than 5 feet from waters edge.(Not sure what amperage you will need, your electrician will know, but 50 amps is normal for most 220v spas) Also, make it easy to disconnect the electrical in case it has to be moved in the future for repairs, etc. I like seal tight conduit going into the tub.

Kev, I will be looking at 60 amp for the tub. I will buy the breaker box and the electrical guy hook up the box and power and I will run the spa gfi breaker and under ground wire to the cement slab. I live  in a small town and don't have to put up with the big  city codes 8) Where I can do a lot of my own work if I want too and save me some cash.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 12:29:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42