What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gecko MSPA intermittent fault heating problem. Arctic Spa Frontier  (Read 3018 times)

Karl

Hi!

I have a Arctic Spa Frontier -05 with intermittent heating problems. It has artic display. The display indicates that the heater should be on. There is no fault codes on display. But it only get power sometimes. Some relay is clicking when the heater should goe on and off. But only sometimes it gets power. But everytime hitting on it gives a fast powerpeak (istrument indicate 30v but it is problaby 230v but to fast for instrument)

So I guess it has the function but some relay or so is broken. Any ideas or suggestions?

It is a Gecko Mspa -MP. It has dual outputs  for heater. (seems to be the same problem on both)
It is connected 3x16amps.

Best regards
Karl Feldt
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:12:20 am by Karl »

Hot Tub Forum

Kev B

Re: Gecko MSPA intermittent fault heating problem. Arctic Spa Frontier
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 11:07:24 am »
you can send in the board and topside for repair ( I like having the topside for testing) Or  get a new circuit board and swap it out. No good repair techs in the area? Could be something simple like a flow issue.

Karl

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 11:16:47 am »
you can send in the board and topside for repair ( I like having the topside for testing) Or  get a new circuit board and swap it out. No good repair techs in the area? Could be something simple like a flow issue.
Hi!

A replacement board and sensors is available from 310usd and up. But if it is only some relays I don`t think they cost more than a few dollars.

I live in Sweden so shipping and customs is about 150usd.

If I cant fix the board myself I get a replacement. But I would like to try fixing it first:)

/Karl

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 11:16:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42