What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 1997 Sundance Optima Jacuzzi Flo error/screen cut off  (Read 2293 times)

Greg

1997 Sundance Optima Jacuzzi Flo error/screen cut off
« on: April 28, 2015, 01:22:57 pm »
I have a 1997 Sundance Optima Spa

The Problem:

The hot tub was working fine and then all of a sudden pump 1 stopped working and then got a flo error, but pump 2 was still working but was making a gargling and sounded whinny. When the temp would try and kick on pump 1 would just buzz and hum and then it would kick off. I check the filter and air lock doesn't seem to be the problem. This happened before while I was in it but it came back on. Turned everything off to troubleshoot, turned back on and tried pump 2 and I heard some electical noise and now  the hot tub doesn't turn on at all, not even the control panel, but the power light stays on. Please help

Hot Tub Forum

1997 Sundance Optima Jacuzzi Flo error/screen cut off
« on: April 28, 2015, 01:22:57 pm »

Kev B

Re: 1997 Sundance Optima Jacuzzi Flo error/screen cut off
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 10:49:35 am »
 Sounds like pump 1 has died and blew a fuse. It may have had a seal leak, calcium and water got into the motor bearings and it seized up.

SEWSPCL

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:35:25 pm »
My 89 Sundance has been giving flo errors also. Low pump comes on and stops with temp reading all over the place. 34, 54, 85 degrees.  I turn the breaker off and reset the clock and everything works fine for about 3 minutes and then it says slow again. I've bypassed the flow switch and that seemed to help for about 20 minutes and then got the flow error again. Could it be the temperature sensor that would have affected the flow sensor? Filters have been cleaned over and over ran it without a filter just to check and it ran fine until the flow error again. Really getting frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. It got a new pump and 2004 so its not the pump.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:35:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42