What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic Encore Questions  (Read 3286 times)

mriswith

Nordic Encore Questions
« on: April 13, 2015, 09:24:01 am »
Good morning everyone! Hot tub newbie here but my wife and I are looking to make our first purchase and have a few questions.

We recently visited a local dealer that sells primarily Jacuzzi and Nordic spas. We sat in several of the different models and decided we liked the Nordic Encore LS the best as it gives us a nice compromise between a lounger, space for other guests, etc. That leads me to my questions:

Anyone have real world experience with this tub? Good, bad, etc?

The dealer indicated that we should place the unit on our pad but on top of a 2" rigid foam board. Thoughts? We are in Michigan.

Lastly price: We were quoted roughly $7500 for a 2014 unit which includes stairs, chemical, spare filter, cover and cover caddy; does that seem about right?

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Nordic Encore Questions
« on: April 13, 2015, 09:24:01 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Nordic Encore Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:20:01 pm »
It's a good tub. It's comfortable and well built. I would suggest asking if it has what they call title 20 insulation on it. It will pay for itself in 6 months. It makes the tub a lot more insulated. Not sure the reasoning behind the rigid foam. Price wise for a 2014 leftover you should be able to do better especially seeing the tub is made in Michigan so the shipping costs should be fairly low. I'm a nordic dealer and have been happy with them. The factory is great to deal with and I don't get many warranty issues with them

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 08:11:51 pm »
Good morning everyone! Hot tub newbie here but my wife and I are looking to make our first purchase and have a few questions.

We recently visited a local dealer that sells primarily Jacuzzi and Nordic spas. We sat in several of the different models and decided we liked the Nordic Encore LS the best as it gives us a nice compromise between a lounger, space for other guests, etc. That leads me to my questions:

The dealer indicated that we should place the unit on our pad but on top of a 2" rigid foam board. Thoughts? We are in Michigan.

Lastly price: We were quoted roughly $7500 for a 2014 unit which includes stairs, chemical, spare filter, cover and cover caddy; does that seem about right?

Thanks in advance!

I also think Nordic makes a solid value type tub. Reliable but maybe lacking on insulation. And I think your high on that price also.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:16:59 pm »

Thanks in advance!

I also think Nordic makes a solid value type tub. Reliable but maybe lacking on insulation. And I think your high on that price also.

When you get there tubs title 20 insulated they are pretty decently insulated. Not as well as a full foam but I would say better then average. A lot better then some of the stuff I've seen out there

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:16:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42